Vtec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vtec?

This might sound really stoopid...sorry if it does but...I have the infamous F22 whatever EX engine from 93 with 140HP. It's the 2.2L SOHC shiznit. Anyway, on the newer Accord is there a version of this engine with VTEC or is that a 2.3L? Thanks!
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Would the 2.3 fit my 2.2? The 1.8 head fits on the 1.6 B16 soo...That other 2.2 sounds weak...VTEC only adds 5 hp...lol.

. Snail Squad .

Comment

...that's what I figure! 5 more hp...WOO! lol. Great minds think alike!

. Snail Squad .

Comment

To be honest, other than the H22 and maybe the H23 (which is hardly an improvement as well in many ways - 140, 160...20hp, eh, it's a toss up)......the F22A6 is about the best accord motor you can have in a CB7....the rest of them are pretty much just a waste of time. As a blanket statement. At the shop that I own/work at from time to time, we never recommend anything other than building an F22A6 or H22 for these reasons.

- Nathan
        Nathan Morris

92 Accord LX - RIP
        92 Civic CX B18B1 Hatch - RIP (126whp, i/h motor)
        99 Civic EX Coupe w/ 1.9L stroker on the way, current at 121whp.

nonVTEC.com - Technical discussion for F, D, and H series nonVTEC tuners

H22Power.com

Comment

...and if your stuck with the a1, you can always upgrade to the a6 easily...and very cheaply....without even pulling the motor

But besides that, the h23 turbo idea, well, eh, I'd rather turbo an H22 if I'm going to be spending the money and time to pull an engine out anyway......*shrug*....we're not too big on the H23 even though it is a good swap, if that's what you can get for a good price.

- Nathan
          Nathan Morris

92 Accord LX - RIP

H22Power.com

Comment

We were going to build our project car (my personal car) as a built f22a6....but we finally descided we just wanted to run a N/A H22 that would get a little boost from nitrous once in a while. Mostly we want to do some N/A work to kind of make a name for our work.

- Nathan
            Nathan Morris

92 Accord LX - RIP

H22Power.com

Comment

awesome responces so far guys!

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Working...
              X