Did I modify my airbox correctly???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I modify my airbox correctly???

I was asking my godbrother how do I modify my airbox and he said he would do it. So he completely removed the lower portion of the box and screwed the filter to the top portion. I was wondering if this was done correctly. I dont want to hurt my car, so help me out as much as possible please. Thanks guys.
    She's my 1st love!

Originally posted by CustomLowz via greencb7inkc
    Hey, Grandma! You want a lumpkin?
    Oh,here comes one now! What now, BITCH!!!

do you have any pics? just ask yourself: is there any unfiltered air is entering the motor. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

yeah, think logically... whats the point of modding the airbox? to get more airflow, but keep all air filtered. is the filter open to more air? yes. is everything still sealed so all air is still filtered? yes. sounds fine to me...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

You basically got it but I used about 1-1.5" of the frame of the bottom half, b/c the filter is sandwiched between the top and lower halves, giving a really good seal. Just check for gaps and see if the screws distorted the flange on the filter. If you still have the bottom half, I'd use that and cut the whole bottom off and then you can still have the mounting points to the strut tower too.

Dan

Comment

all I did was remove the resonator tubes and made some big holes in the bottom half of the box, after that it sounded real deep and was loud in a good way

Comment

yea you could have just cut most of the bottom piece of so that its full open but retain the frame so that it still held the filter correctly......but that sounds ok to me...like other people said, just make sure theres no open areas between the filter and the top piece of the box

and u may want to brace it up somehow if its sagging because that can cause the boot (intake tube) to rip

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

does this give any noticable difference other than sound?

Comment

IMO no. Probably helps a bit with airflow, but nothing noticable.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

with the exception of the stereo, i'm gonna leave my accord stock until it's time to do major repair... and at that time, it gets a newer engine, 5 speed, and turbo

Comment

Originally posted by monkeydude3
                    does this give any noticable difference other than sound?
                    Oh yes it does, I got alot of throttle response from cutting the airbox and the accel. was alot quicker throughout the powerband. The stock resonator/ducting/intake control valve don't help the airflow @ all.

Comment

Working...
                    X