Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car quit on my last night and won't start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car quit on my last night and won't start.

Hey guys,

I asked ya'll about my oil light a couple days ago, and we decided it was the oil sending unit. My levels have still been kept up just fine. Yesterday, I noticed the car was sounding a little funny. Kinda reminded me a little bit of a diesel chug. I pulled into hardies to get my order, pull out, and as soon as I stop for the next red light, the thing just quit. It shouldn't be my relay, because it turns over, but just won't start. It's really loud, like almost a whining noise when it's trying to start. It was raining, and I have a cai. I never went through anything worse than I have before, and now I even have a bypass valve. I checked to see if it was wet, and it was dry as a bone.

Did my timing belt break? What else could it be? I already had a lot of blow by. When you take the oil cap off, it's like a hair drier blowing out. I don't know.

This sucks. I'm having to ride to school w/ my gf. Her classes are at 8:00 w/ a 45 minute commute, and my classes don't start until 9:45. I'm literally losing sleep over this.

Thanks for your help.

It shouldn't be my relay, because it turns over, but just won't start. It's really loud, like almost a whining noise when it's trying to start.
    it thinks its your dizzy that came up the lame duck. the bearing is what your describing is shot. unfortunately yuo have to reaplce the whole thing. check ebay for a new unit cheap or junkyard for cheap alternative.

Did my timing belt break? What else could it be? I already had a lot of blow by. When you take the oil cap off, it's like a hair drier blowing out. I don't know.
    the second is good, meaning you have compression. no broken belts maybe valves need adjusting for dieseling sound. a "spinning" sound indicates blown motor usually.

goodluck

goodluck
    Last edited by xfactortype1; 11-08-2006, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Whats the mileage on the car? I would check your distributor as mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Chech the distributor
        1993 Accord EX
        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Sounds like a broken timing belt to me. But I hope I am wrong.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

So whats the mileage? Easiest way pull off the cam cover and bump over the car and see if it turns if it does your good and timing is good but dizzy is also a good thing to check. How loud is this whining you mention?

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
            X