Wire Question?? (Alternator)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire Question?? (Alternator)

ok here is my question. my car has been dieing like crazy. i put a new alterantor and i have a new battery (am waiting for everything to be right so i can put my optima red top on) well i was testing all the wires with the tester. well one wire i tested the light was bright on the tester. but when i got to the (one with a blue line) it was really dime. i think thats the wire that isnt working. so with that. am was wondering were do these wires go to? because i was following them and i see they go into the dash. and does anyone know about the wire with the blue line and were is that connected to?

Thanks so much

that line

that white wire with a blue line goes to your instrument cluster which is for your charge indications on the cluster itself. Basically just an indication saying if your alternator is having issues or not.That should not be why your car is dying. Hmmm. Just check to make sure you hooked up all the wires correctly (not insulting your intelligence) and then if so, check the battery should read 12v when car is off and 14v when started, to show the battery is charging.

Here is a breakdown of where the alternator wires should go...

White w/Red - Fuse #15 Underhood Fusebox
    White w/Green - PGM FI Electronic Control Unit
    White w/Red - PGM FI Electronic Control Unit
    Black w/Yellow - Underhood Fusebox
    White w/ Blue - 3 Spots = Inst. Cluster
    Integrated Control Unit and
    ABS Control Unit

Hopefully that helps. Good luck and let me know.
    Last edited by drummersteve7; 11-10-2006, 07:18 PM.
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

umm anyone else? anyone have a problem with dieing and know about the wiring?

Comment

can someone please give me a diagram or something of the wiring. or a site that saids what each wire is. 93 accord lx

Comment

anyone please. a diagram or something please.. i no there has to be one out there .

Comment

la la la. someone please? daigram or something on what those 5 postive wires on to the alternator? or some info on them at all.

Comment

i'm having the same ass problem too dude. i took my alternator out to the shop yesterday they said it works beautifully.. i install it back and plug everything back and boost the car.. the car runs.. but when i take the terminal off the battery the car shut off. so i have problem with the wiring too. but u know what? let's clean out the connection.. the plug take out all that grease to get a clean connection.
              DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

A Haynes or Chiltons would go a really long way towards diagnosing this. And defjamon22z--- removing a battery terminal when the car is running isn't a valid test. In fact, it's an exceedingly bad idea.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

while in the process of tryin to fix the problem why my battery dyin so quickly and wont charge.. i try to put the gear in 1st. i happen to fuk up the cable to flick it in 1st, 3rd, and 5th. only the bottom gear works. i think i mess up the cable .
                  DEFJAM

Comment

There is a alternator field section in the underhood fuse box,someone tried to steal my car and burn't that up and it would not charge. I replaced the fuse box with one from a wreck and it started charging again.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

someone try to steal ur car and it burn up the fusebox?? i cant picture how that could possibly happen
                      DEFJAM

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                        And defjamon22z--- removing a battery terminal when the car is running isn't a valid test. In fact, it's an exceedingly bad idea.
                        elaborate on this. I've driven the car without a battery, and had NO issues. I see it as a very valid test. If the alternator is doing its job, the car will run. If not, the car will die. Has worked beautifully for me in the past...........
                        Seattle Silver crew #5
                        Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                        ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                          A Haynes or Chiltons would go a really long way towards diagnosing this. And defjamon22z--- removing a battery terminal when the car is running isn't a valid test. In fact, it's an exceedingly bad idea.
                          x2

running the car on only the alternator puts to much strain on the alt. .... the alternator is suposed to work in unisen with the baterry to run the car ... the battery basicly runs the car while the alternator chargers the battery ....however when chargeing the battery the alternator dosnt work as hard as it would running the car on its own ....not only that but the alternator dosent always put out "pure" power ... the power it puts out fluctuates and could do damage to any electromic equipment (ecu,sterios etc) ... the battery acts like kind of a filter
                          Last edited by CrazyHondaOwnR; 11-12-2006, 09:14 PM.
                          R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
                          (O.o )
                          (> < )

My Rotor DIY
                          I'm not perfect i will make mistakes if i do just point it out to me

Comment

how bout a diagram or something about the alternator wiring. someone please!!

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7

Here is a breakdown of where the alternator wires should go...

White w/Red - Fuse #15 Underhood Fusebox
                              White w/Green - PGM FI Electronic Control Unit
                              White w/Red - PGM FI Electronic Control Unit
                              Black w/Yellow - Underhood Fusebox
                              White w/ Blue - 3 Spots = Inst. Cluster
                              Integrated Control Unit and
                              ABS Control Unit

Hopefully that helps. Good luck and let me know.

it has been explained allready but if you want a visually here you go

R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
                              (O.o )
                              (> < )

My Rotor DIY
                              I'm not perfect i will make mistakes if i do just point it out to me

Comment

Working...
                              X