Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brakes

Does any one no where to find new backing plates (tin metal shields on the back of the pads) for fronts pads?
    Every time i go over a bump, they sound really bad because you can hear them hit or rattle.
    JD'S 91 Honda Accord. Nothing even compares to a Honda.

NO NOS, JUST BALLS!!!

junkyard should have them,are you talking about the tin shield?if so go to a junkyard.good luck.

Comment

Re: Brakes

Originally posted by 91HondaAccord
      Does any one no where to find new backing plates (tin metal shields on the back of the pads) for fronts pads?
      Every time i go over a bump, they sound really bad because you can hear them hit or rattle.
      Check your front end because pads don't rattle like that. The caplifer always keeps them snug. The shims you are talking about is to reduce vibrations in the pad while stoping that produce squels.

If you have a rattle it's not the lack of shims that's causing it.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

This started to happen when i chaged my front rotors,bearing and i had to change my pads too but unfurtunately my dad threw the old brakes before i took off the shields. Old brakes didnt rattle i know for sure its because of the shileds. I dont hear the brakes rattle when i step on the brakes. If any one knows where to get new,brand new not junkyard, ones i would definetly apprechiated.
        Last edited by 91HondaAccord; 05-02-2004, 12:06 AM.

NO NOS, JUST BALLS!!!

Comment

so ur saying that u dont have the backing plates? well if thats the case then u shouldnt be hearing anything just as busted said. i ran without backing plates for some time as well....no problems.

its something else...jack up the car and kick the rotor to see if there is any vibrations or abnormalities.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

You probably have a loose caliper bolt and thats what's rattling.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

checked and rechecked

Ok. Ive checked and rechecked everything. Nothing appears to be loose. Any suggestions? I really dont want to take it to a repair shop because i dont want anybody touching my baby.

NO NOS, JUST BALLS!!!

Comment

Working...
              X