Shifter question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shifter question....

The previous owner installed a forbidden short shifter in my car....He said before he never had problems with 3rd gear grinding when shifting..

But now it does..

Do you think switching back to the stock shifter would help the situation at all..and also switching to GM synchromesh.

Thanks
    Steve
    1992 Honda Prelude S - Swapped F22A6 - Turbo 16g Powered!

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

switching to gm synchromesh will help more than putting your stock shifter on, because the grinding is coming from the syncro's inside the tranny
    Members Ride

Comment

i didnt kno if goin back to stock would slow down continuing damage
      1992 Honda Prelude S - Swapped F22A6 - Turbo 16g Powered!

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

Originally posted by ludeude1992
        i didnt kno if goin back to stock would slow down continuing damage
        im assuming that honda did its HW when it designed the stock shifter so im guessing it would probably help a little but if you run an accord tranny hard and slam the gears the syncros are bound to have problems i guesss.. mine did so i rebuilt the tranny.. but if ya just take her easy and clutch well even double clutch the gear that is grinding it would probably help i guess... damn syncros haha

Comment

Working...
        X