Car dieing out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car dieing out?

i been having a problem with my car dieing and very shitty start ups for a while now and its really starting to get to me because i have put so much into this car.when this first started about a year ago.. i was riding fine,then got out the car to go into the store really fast went back in and try to turn on the car and it was dead. out of no where and for no reason. if i was to maybe not turn the car on for about 2 or 3 days the car would probably be dead because it has happened. so what did i do?

Changed and put BRAND NEW!
    Alternator,Enegizer battery,Distributor cap (Twice),Ebay Ground wires,Ngk Spark plugs and wires,Stabilizer.

And guess what? still the same shit. the battery died about over 15times so i went ahead and now i bought the Red top optima battery, Suppose to be good for start up? ha. well not for me. When i turn on the car now the first time it turns on then shuts off. when i turn it on again then its fine from there. one thing i noticed tho is when i turn on the car the first time and if i was to turn on the headlights it will shut off. but when i go to turn it 0n again then its fine.

Please help me with this once and for all people. i been trying to fix this problem for about a year now.

Thanks so much everyone
    Tony

Recheck your grounding wires. Where you hook them up to?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

no my grounding wires were just added on. i never took anything off just added them to whatever spots i found. and plus i did that after all these started to happen. BTW and i put a new Negative ground wire for the battery.

Comment

The ground wire kit didn't come with instructions something may be grounding out since you said you just put it in whatever spot you found! I hope just by you taking it off the car will be good bro!
        99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

He said it happen before. Replace the rotor? I see cap but no rotor. Hows the spark look? Is it a nice blue spark?

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i changed the whole cap and rotor. sorry that i didnt explain it better. and as for the grounds i put them on wayyyyyy after. they have nothing to do with it at all. i just added them so i would have more grounds.

am not sure about the spark but like i said i been thru two caps and rotors already. thinking maybe it was that but its still the same thing.

Comment

have you checked the ignitor and coil though?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Have you checked the main relay? Even though its not hot out, it might have something to do with the problem?!?!?!?

Comment

ignitor and coil though? what do you mean?

Also i was thinking the main relay because nothing else is making sense at this time at all. but how would i check that tho? only thing if i was to get another one and change swtich them up for a day or two and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    I would check this too. They are located in your dizzy depending on what trim you have. And Main relay you can check by turning key to the on position you will hear a somewhat high pitched interference sound (i think thats a close enough sound) if you hear that then your fuel pump is priming and the main relay is working.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I would check this too. They are located in your dizzy depending on what trim you have.???

what do you mean tho? check what and where and how do i check it? located in your dizzy? i have a 93 accord LX

Comment

Originally posted by honda83
                        i been having a problem with my car dieing and very shitty start ups for a while now and its really starting to get to me because i have put so much into this car.when this first started about a year ago.. i was riding fine,then got out the car to go into the store really fast went back in and try to turn on the car and it was dead. out of no where and for no reason. if i was to maybe not turn the car on for about 2 or 3 days the car would probably be dead because it has happened. so what did i do?

Changed and put BRAND NEW!
                        Alternator,Enegizer battery,Distributor cap (Twice),Ebay Ground wires,Ngk Spark plugs and wires,Stabilizer.

And guess what? still the same shit. the battery died about over 15times so i went ahead and now i bought the Red top optima battery, Suppose to be good for start up? ha. well not for me. When i turn on the car now the first time it turns on then shuts off. when i turn it on again then its fine from there. one thing i noticed tho is when i turn on the car the first time and if i was to turn on the headlights it will shut off. but when i go to turn it 0n again then its fine.

Please help me with this once and for all people. i been trying to fix this problem for about a year now.

Thanks so much everyone
                        Tony
                        Tony,

When these things happen, do you troubleshoot by checking certain specific things? Like, is the battery really dead? Did you use a voltmeter at the battery? Did you check for spark and fuel? Need to know whether you have these things before jumping to conclusions, and also so that we can help you. When the car started, but then died, did all the lights, dashboard dials and lights go dead? If so, and this is what I suspect but I need more info, I think your ignition switch (the item behind the key module, and it has wires about a foot long attached) is BAD. If you find this is the case, you could replace the whole wire assembly, or if you are a good DIY'er, there is a home fix in the web.

Comment

Working...
                        X