Blue Smoke around 4500RPM and up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Smoke around 4500RPM and up

Alright Everytime I downshift or accelerate and the rpm's get up around 4250-4500 and above, blue smoke starts coming out of the exhaust. I was also burning a bit of oil before but I used som Lucas Oil Additive over the weekend, don't really know if thats helping but my car's been blue smoking even before I put the lucas oil additive in. Any ideas?? Valve Gasket replacement??

Tim

def. burning oil.white smoke is coolant,blue is oil,black is fuel.good luck.

Comment

might be bad piston rings, which would = not good.

how many miles are on your motor, and for how many miles have you noticed the smoking problem?

Comment

well i heard that lucas stuff to create a lot of problems when adding it to the engine. i would do a compression check or a leak down test.

Comment

I just got the car 3 weeks ago. 183k on it. I mean it runs fine, but its just that smoke. I never really pushed the car to abou 4500 unless i'm accelerating on the interestate or such, I usually forget to look in mymirror for somke but it does it everytime and I'm sure its been doing it for awhile.

Comment

Forgot to add, this was a problem BEFORE adding the Lucas stuff, so its obviously getting the oil from somwhere, but the Lucas is definately not whats causing it to burn oil and smoke.

Comment

WHoa WHoa.... who said that Lucas oil stabalizer is bad? They are nuts. Lucas is probably the only thing that saved the engine in my jeep from hand grenading when the oil pump fell off and i had to drive it 4 miles home...

Lucas is good stuff. we use it in all of our race cars and our DDs.

Sorry i gotta stick up for lucas.

to me it sounds like your burning oil. does it smoke any other time?
              I like Hummers to... Especially in the morning...

4x4 Connection.

Comment

Yeah I know I'm burning oil, but what should I do to fix it!! Blue smoke is embarrasing!!! It only smokes above 4500rpm. I does burn oil though...thought I fixed it with the top valve gaskets but I guess I need to replace the bottom ones too for the rockers!. any other ideas??

Comment

additives don't do shit, use them only if you like throwing your money away. If you have a problem, fix it. If you are burning oil, you need rings and valve guide seals....period. Adding some type of "snake oil" additive isn't going to do anything.
                  00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Wow, 4500 is really high for a F22.

Comment

What do you mean its really high? I have a 92LX??? 4500 isn't high!

Comment

I wouldn't say piston rings...sounds more like valve guide seals...

If it were piston rings it'd smoke all the time, not just higher rpms...

Comment

Originally posted by cb7deathride
                          Wow, 4500 is really high for a F22.
                          Redline is 6300, so no...

Comment

Working...
                          X