Dual Runners Functional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Runners Functional?

Yeah I have a 91 SE with a A6. I was wondering how I can check if the Dual runners are working? Will I hear something or otherwise?

Yeah, I think they did make a 91 SE.

If you have a dual runner intake manifold, there will be this saucer looking type thing to the right of the manifold with a vaccum line going into the top of it. There is an arm coming out the back side of this saucer (this is the diaphram the opens and closes the valves). Start the car and have someone rev the engine for you, have them keep RPM's going between 4000-5000. Watch the arm out the back of the saucer (diaphram) and see if it is moving at all. If it is, you got yourself working runner valves.

I hope this makes sense!

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Here is a pic with the diaphram circled...

Hope that helps

Comment

Yea the SE 4th gen Accord was offered in 91 and 93. The 91 SE was only offered in automatic. The 93 most likely had the option of a manual trans, just like the 92-93 EXs with same engine....I guess in saying the difference between 93 SE and 92-93 EXs is the leather seats.

Our family has a 91 SE as well, so it does exist.

You should feel it in driving as well. Don't you notice a leap of RPMs from like just above 3500? That is how it kicks in our 91 SE auto.
        Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-05-2004, 10:14 AM.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

You should be able to hear them also (even more so if you have aftermarket intake) around 4800 RPM, that is when they will open.

Comment

in the engine just watch it and have someone rev past 4800 and u should see on the side it change.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
            X