Muffler tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muffler tone

I want to be able to produce a deep tone out of a muffler setup. I need help on what i should use. would a turbo muffler do it becuase of how much space there is? im goin to be leaving stock pipping for a little while. Thanks.
    Cali.Dumps.Harder.

it depends. you can get alot of different tones by changing 1 thing in the exhaust system. stock piping isn't going to produce a very deep tone as you desire. if anything, putting on a muffler alone will either a) do nothing to the sound or b) be raspy and farty. IMO save up money until you can do a full system, or at least a full cat-back. if you are impatient, buy a muffler now, but just put it away until you can get the rest. may i suggest a twin-loop muffler? check my sig for more info

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
      it depends. you can get alot of different tones by changing 1 thing in the exhaust system. stock piping isn't going to produce a very deep tone as you desire. if anything, putting on a muffler alone will either a) do nothing to the sound or b) be raspy and farty. IMO save up money until you can do a full system, or at least a full cat-back. if you are impatient, buy a muffler now, but just put it away until you can get the rest. may i suggest a twin-loop muffler? check my sig for more info
      and how much does the pipping usualy go for?
      Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

putting a muffler on stock piping will sound like shit no madder which muffler it is

it will be farty at low rpms and raspy at high rpms...its sounds like fuck in general....don’t do it

and no a turbo muffler would not help because restriction is what keeps the exhaust note quiet and deep. a turbo muffler has a strait-through, larger diameter design because on turbo cars the turbo is the restriction. so itd be the exact opposite of what you what

save up and get a cat-back

or you can buy a muffler and have an exhaust shop weld it on along w/ larger diameter exhaust piping

that normally comes out to about the same amount of cash as just buying the catback though

if you want to know which catbacks sound good go to the exhaust thread thats stickied in the performance thread
        Last edited by Mike; 12-20-2006, 06:37 PM.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

piping and welding/install labor costed $180 total at a local shop

Comment

...with a resonator, would it quiet down a muffler if using stock piping???

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123

possibly, but i bet it's hard finding a resonator w/ 1 7/8" piping in and out. unless you use connectors

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                it wouldnt be worth the money

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

i have a DC sports 2500 series muffler. It sounds like sex. I have 2 1/4" piping tho. So idk.

But it sounds great, ill try to get a sound clip.

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby
                    i have a DC sports 2500 series muffler. It sounds like sex. I have 2 1/4" piping tho. So idk.

But it sounds great, ill try to get a sound clip.
                    iight thanks.
                    Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

in all honesty, if you plan to keep the car for a good while and you want to get some performance out of it.. don't cheap out. if you have to, buy it piece by piece as the money comes, and then you'll eventually have a great set-up. this is what i did, and i don't regret anything of it. i have a great set-up and get compliments all the time

Comment

yea man i run a greddy evo 2 cat back with no cat sounds really deep and is not loud at all it sounds really good but im not sure about the twin loops mufflers my buddy had one for his wagon and it rusted it out like year later but i would rather have the ws2 cat back but u really get what u pay for
                        f22 full head for sale port and polished 200 bucks 73k miles on the head

Comment

Working...
                        X