so maple got a new motor *pics* =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so maple got a new motor *pics* =)

So yeah, I picked up my new motor this morning at a place in RI. Im super Impressed with it. I paid 296 with tax for the motor only. I didn't think it would come with IM, and exhaust manifold but it did. and the harness. The valve cover is MINT. Remember my old cover? shit, this one is MINt, amazing. I guess this motor has 80-90K. I forgot what the guy said but thats what i remmeber him saying. shits clean clean.

Im heading to Majestic to get my order (waterpump, timming belt, random shit i needed, lower balljoints etc)

Autozone: Mobil One Synthetic Oil, and a filter *shits expensive
    pepboys- Engine hoist, some more random shit i need.

I dropped off motor at home. I still have to go back to this place and pick up another motor for my bros car since " i blew his supposibly since there was no oil in it"

But yeah, Ill keep you all posted with a new thread saying my progress, It's 07" start of a new year, and yeah! I got a new gf. and I work, so who knows when this baby will be in.. Hopefully by next week. I just gotta make time.

=) Thanks for reading kids. * Truly dedicated cb7'er here*

PS> HOW can I get the crankpully off without spending 50$ for that stupid tool? help me please!

Last edited by Maple50175; 01-04-2007, 12:30 PM.

its about time you got some shit worked out, thought you were done :/

keep us all updated with pics and shit.

thank you.

Comment

ur coming back??...amazing...good luck

Comment

clean motor man!

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

To remove crank pulley(ghetto version):

Stick a crowbar in the teeth of the flywheel, through the timing hole. Have a friend hold it.

Put a socket(w/ extension to clear the fender) and wrench on the pulley bolt(21mm I believe), then slip a long pipe over the handle of the socket wrench.

Turn the wrench until the pipe is in the air over your head. Tell your friend to hold it tight or you'll hit him with the pipe.

Hang on that mother and yank till it makes a popping sound like a bone breaking.

Check to make sure it wasn't actually a bone breaking, then finish removing the bolt from the pulley.

Stick your crowbar behind the pulley, apply pressure, and wiggle it off with your fingers.
          -Jay

Comment

Good job Maple!

Not sure what to tell you 'bout the crank bolt though, that tool is almost a necesity if it's not in the car.
            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
              To remove crank pulley(ghetto version):

Stick a crowbar in the teeth of the flywheel, through the timing hole. Have a friend hold it.

Put a socket(w/ extension to clear the fender) and wrench on the pulley bolt(21mm I believe), then slip a long pipe over the handle of the socket wrench.

Turn the wrench until the pipe is in the air over your head. Tell your friend to hold it tight or you'll hit him with the pipe.

Hang on that mother and yank till it makes a popping sound like a bone breaking.

Check to make sure it wasn't actually a bone breaking, then finish removing the bolt from the pulley.

Stick your crowbar behind the pulley, apply pressure, and wiggle it off with your fingers.

he got it right on the head, you can use a screw driver, but make sure its a strong one.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                wtf wayne? i thought you bought an h22?
                x2

Comment

I knew you would come back. Just get it in, Get it running right, and take it easy on it man. Congrats on the new motor tho...Get it in!

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Making good use of that truck, I see

Comment

yes deev haha
                      ps. Just got my Honda parts I guess this will be my log for this engine install.

I got:

Timming Belt
                      Balancer Belt
                      WaterPump
                      2 heater knobs
                      Some Bumper clips
                      Heater hose
                      Both Lower balljoints (ps. Why doesnt the balljoints come with the nut? and clotter pin?
                      Seal Retainer (i think i got the right one ( Honda part # 06923-P0A-306

But yeah, Im excited, maybe ill take off work tomrow and get this bitch started. a whole lot of swapping!

Comment

i took my motor to honda and they knocked off the crank pully bolt for free.
                        spin city

Comment

looking good wayne, although you did tell me a few weeks back that u had ordered an h22, but hey atleast ur on the right track of getting ur cars back on the road.
                          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

yes thats the proper seal retainer.

maple, you have a fresh motor, and a bunch of brand new oem parts... DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME. buy a tube of grey RTV silicone (hondabond) as well as copper rtv from autozone, take it slow. dont rush, and dont put things back together if they arent right (aka, putting an oil pan back on that still had metal shavings in it). what kind of manual do you have?

good luck wayneman.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I'm impressed, Wayne. You're finally taking a mature approach! Looks like you're not halfassing things this time

Comment

Working...
                              X