what kind of paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of paint?

im in the process of restoring my coilovers from last winter when they began to rust, the shock body with threads to be more specific. since i have removed all of the rust with a metal brush wheel and rust removing compond and at the end cleaned them with paint thinner so they are ready for paint. what kinf of spray paint should i use? anti-rust seems obvious but i want to restore the nice black shine and keep the surface nice and smooth so that nothing sticks to it. i was thinking of buying a anti-rust primer, then after that spray on some auto body paint and give it a coat or two of clear. i think this should keep rust away. any other ideas?

thanx
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

get a paint that can flex with the spring, i would use a rubber based paint

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
    For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

the thing is that i will be painting the thread on the shock body where the perches will rest and be adjusted so it cant be something rubbery. thanx dutchaccord tho
      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
      Check out my JDM F22B swap
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

rustoleum!
        uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

In time the paint will just come off the threads from adjustments being made I guess a light coat of paint and keep the threads oiled. I oiled my D2's for the winter so salt corrosion won't be an issue!

Comment

Working...
          X