whistle sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whistle sound

Hey guys, i'm from Australia and i've got a 1991 accord exi 4ws, i just wanna make sure that its a normal sound that im hearing.
    Its an automatic so when i drive it normally, it whistles in 1st and 2nd gear, then when u feel that its changed to 3rd gear u wont hear the whistle sound no more, then u slow down and it goes back to 1st again it whistles again, like its not anoying or anything, in fact i like the sound alot but i just wanna know if its normal? it sounds abit like a turbocharged car where the engine is really powerful or something...
    humming/whistling sound....that increases as u push in the pedal...

thanks

Do you have any sort of air intake? That may be it with the air getting sucked into the engine. This could be one possibility

Thats about all i can think of...

leaky vaccume line? I doubt it

Comment

yeah he might be talking about the injection system. my dx and now my ex do the same thing when its driving on low gears. then when it goes up to 3rd and 4th it goes away.
      its common through cb7s
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

this prolly isn't the answer, but have you seen that bubb rubb video on the internet? lol
        92 lx
        automatic
        slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

Originally posted by punkrockimport
          this prolly isn't the answer, but have you seen that bubb rubb video on the internet? lol

I don't get it?

Comment

lol
            it can be air escaping your flex pipe, i had it before and mainly noticed it in the lower gears.

Comment

hey i have a whistle sound too.. And it's just like that, i had a vaccum hose disconnect from the back of the intake plenum. i hooked it up and the whistle was gone. the hose belonged to IAB controller box.

My Ride

Comment

Here's the source of your problem :
                http://media.ebaumsworld.com/bubbrubb.wmv

Comment

You know he also has a remix, i just saw it the other day.

Comment

Hi guys, I also driving an auto and having the same problem of the whistle (more let jet engine ) sound for the first 2 gear as you're mentioned, but I can't catch up the solution that you're mentioned. Mind to tell me more detail which vacuum pipe to plug out and it's good if you can post some pictures about the vacuum pipe position (picture stand for 1000 words). Besides, is it just plug out the vacuum hose can some the problem? No other side effect from the pipe unplug? Thanks.

Comment

I don't get it?
                      this is your answer

Here's the source of your problem :
                      check it out
                      92 lx
                      automatic
                      slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

I think its common then on most cb7's since u got the same problem like me ahchi. Its got no mods to it either, all plain stock.
                        I dont mind the sound cause it sounds really nice just as long as nothing is wrong with the car, it does get alot of attention though, i drive near turbo cars and they think i've got turbo and always wanna drag me hehe.

Comment

Actually I just transplanted this auto into my car and due to this humming/whistle sound of the first 2 gears, I've feedbacked to the engine seller and he agree to give me 2 more months warranty to see whether the sound may gone or not after some drive (since is been hanging inside the junk yard for some time), if I really not satisfy with it, he willing to replace the auto gear box 1 to 1 to me. That's the reason why I would like to know the actual root cause of the whistle sound.
                          However, as what myf22a9 say, I'm not really hate the "turbo" like sound, but just in case I worry it will become worse after some months or 1 year drive, then I may ned to replace the gearbox then.
                          So, is it just the vacuum hoses leaking or else causing these whistle sound problem and is someone has the actual solution on it?

Comment

don't even worry about it man. its very common on the cb7. my first dx that i had used to make that noise. i really liked it. that car endured a lot and it lasted longer. all u can do is clean the throte body and that is it. don't even worry about the noise. its very common. there is nothing wrong with the car.

lol i saw that video on accordinglydone.com lol i don't know why people want that whisle on their cars man. lol but it was funny.
                            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

My 93 does it as well. Its not really noticable unless you're listening for it (windows up, radio off, blower off, moderate acceleration to keep intake noise to a minimum). My buddys say it sounds like a turbine winding up and all it needs is a BOV.

The car runs fine, and I don't think anything of it.
                              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
                              X