Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could i remove the rear motor mount this way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could i remove the rear motor mount this way?

i was looking at my rear mount today to figure out an easy way to remove it(5speed).i was thinking of going out and buying the longest extension i can buy for my half inch rachet,and it lookslike it will fit down to the 4 bolts holding the mount in?they have entensions at lappens like 2 feet long,lol seriously.anyone think that would work.i am installing a mount as soon as i figure out how to do it without removing the intake mani.how do shops do it?thanks.

The way I've always done it is to remove the intake manifold support, and then pull the left axle out of the tranny and slide it outa the way. Then you should be able to snake the mount out thru the bottom.
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

damn.i think i should have the shop do it,they sadi they would charge $60.00.i only have regular hand tools.do you agree?does that sound like a good deal?thanks.

Comment

60 is cheap....wayyy cheap....usually its 80+

i took mine to the shop
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
        X