Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it safe to use teflon tape with fuel regulator????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it safe to use teflon tape with fuel regulator????

Im about install this thing right now but I just want to make sure first if its safe because I read somewhere here that its not safe to use with fuel line but the instructions says to use seal tape wich Im assuming teflon tape. and also what is the stock fuel pressure for the H22 so I know what to set it for before I get my car tuned on friday. I need answeres ASAP because I have to do his today. by the way, this is a liquid filled guage, what purpose does it serve? thanks yall. pls dont flame unless you have nothing better else to do.lol

P.S. very important question, the regulator is already installed but I want to know what psi it should be set at because I have to work tomorrow morning and I dont want it to fail on me. pls. let me know ASAP. thanks fellas

Last edited by aznpnoyracer; 01-23-2007, 03:13 AM.

As long as you make sure to keep at least 2 threads from the end of the hose you'll be alright. Make sure you don't get any in the line otherwise you'll likely screw some stuff up.

Liquid filled gauges are supposed to be more accurate, more durable to vibrations, etc..
    1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
    2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by asleepz
      As long as you make sure to keep at least 2 threads from the end of the hose you'll be alright. Make sure you don't get any in the line otherwise you'll likely screw some stuff up.

Liquid filled gauges are supposed to be more accurate, more durable to vibrations, etc..
      ahh, I see, thank you Brotha!

Comment

i would use some sort of liquid/tube sealant for something like that.. the teflon tape might flake off over time and clog some shit..

Comment

very important question, the regulator is already installed but I want to know what psi it should be set at because I have to work tomorrow morning and I dont want it to fail on me. pls. let me know ASAP. thanks fellas

Comment

heres the finished product, I mounted it by the throttle cable and dont worry its not getting in the way of the throttle cables.what do you think?

Comment

okay, dont want to hve to right another thread so im asking is what should i set my fuel regulato at because right now its at 30 psi.

Comment

36psi is about right for a stock h22 (and that includes h22's with bolt ons).
                Also I would NOT use teflon tape for fuel system stuff, since it is not gasoline resistant. Look for a sealant paste/liquid that is oil and gasoline resistant.

Comment

Originally posted by v4lu3s
                  Also I would NOT use teflon tape for fuel system stuff, since it is not gasoline resistant. Look for a sealant paste/liquid that is oil and gasoline resistant.
                  are you sure, cuzz I only put the teflon tape near the head of the bolt so the gasoline isnt touching it. its aready installed and I would hate to remove it again. darn it.

Comment

Lots of Teflon tape is liquid fuel resistant, we use it all the time building gas stations and fuel systems for office building sized back-up generators.
                    Read the label.
                    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Don't worry about it unless it starts leaking.. Which it shouldn't.
                      1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
                      2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

isnt that kinda hard to read?
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                          Lots of Teflon tape is liquid fuel resistant, we use it all the time building gas stations and fuel systems for office building sized back-up generators.
                          Read the label.

plain old plumbing teflon tape you buy at home depot is usually going to fall apart under sustained fuel exposure, I have watched it happen too many times in front of my eyes.

in addition tape is not a good choice for anything that has small valves (like fuel injectors) as if a piece falls of inside the system it will easily clog.
                          Last edited by v4lu3s; 01-24-2007, 12:22 PM.

Comment

in addition tape is not a good choice for anything that has small valves (like fuel injectors) as if a piece falls of inside the system it will easily clog.

Originally posted by Mista Juice
                            i would use some sort of liquid/tube sealant for something like that.. the teflon tape might flake off over time and clog some shit..

Comment

Pipe dope suitable for liquid fuels.
                              2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                              Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                              1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Working...
                              X