Car missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car missing

My car wont pass inspection, the standard is 200 mine is 2000. took it to a couple of shops and they started laughing, I got a lil help from one he told me the car was missing badly and the fuel was not getting burnt right and it was dumping the extra out the tailpipe. I think it maybe the timing or timing belt, sparkplug wires. I dont know I changed the spark plugs they had oil on the, seafoam, slick50, They said the o2 and a new cat would not help it take it down to 200. Any suggestions.

Get your timing checked, and when you changed the spark plugs because of the oil on them did you find and fix were they are leaking from. Then after that I would also think about a new cap and rotor with wires, the o2 sensor I don't know but it couldn't hurt your car but maybe your pocket book. Also wait to the last to change your cat it might not be as bad as they say.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

get a valve cover gasket set and check ya timing
      Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
      -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

from the title, i thought your car was stolen or something.
        my '92 m'siaDM CB3 EXi
        my '89 JDM CB3 EXi

my '98 JDM CF4 SiR

Comment

LOL!! I guess Missing means Misfiring.

Do you have a check engine light? Man, just get a good tuneup, new cap rotor and wires as mentioned before, and see if the "missing" goes down/away.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
          does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Basic tune up as mentioned. If hes says your fuel aint burning right then its prob an ignition problem. But if your gonna do a tune up might as well do it all. Usually includes cap/rotor, wires/plugs, fuel filter, air filter, and some other stuff I cant remember at this moment.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Ok guys I already got new spark plugs, rotor, fuel and oil filter, changed oil. I did not fix the oil in the spark plug problem yet. In Memphis we say missing when we are refering to misfiring.

Comment

Originally posted by fobs
                lol I would have posted that in off topic forum. Thats how we talk in the M-town.

Comment

Working...
                X