Car Won't Move!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Won't Move!!!!

Ok Heres a little background info. I was working on my brakes could'nt get the hub to press so Napa pressed them out and fixed me up. In the meantime though we took out the whole drive shaft and inspected the boots on the inside and outside of the axle when we noticed that the inner passenger side boot was all loose and felt disassembled. It did make a squeking noise prior to working on it. When we pealed back the boot my mechanic said that it looked like the bearings were on backwards so he flipped them and fit them together. We put them all back together and drove off. When I hit 30 to 40 the car vibrated heavily when I hit 50 to 60 it eased up a little on the vibration but I noticed the majority of the vibration was coming from the right side. It also made a small tick noise (tick......tick.......tick) when driving. After being stopped at a stop light I went on green but when I went to go the car just revved up like I was in neutral. It almost sounded like when a five speed doesnt quite get into 1st gear and won't go followed by the grinding noise. I however have an automatic so this could'nt be the case. It seemed to shift into drive, reverse and neutral cause everytime I shifted it, the car would make a grinding noise like it was trying to catch the driveshaft but couldn't. So basically I have it at a auto shop now after Sears wouldn't look at it cause they said it was my transmission. I feel like it is my axles though cause of all the tinkering with it and not my transmission cause it worked fine before pulling apart the whole driveshaft. Any input????

u might have fucked up the tranny man. when u put the axle in u probably didn't put it all the way in. by doing this u drove with a axle half in which srewed up the tranny.

here is what u do:
    take off the axle and check the part that goes in the tranny. if its ok put it in again. when it goes in the first time u can feel it>>> this don't mean that is in all the way. usually u have to hit the axle a little bit so the axle ring can go in all the way.<<<after doing this try to drive again.

(all of these including that u put the bearings in the right place.)
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

I am pretty sure that the mechanic put it in all the way cause I watched him tap the end in. I am wondering if because the bearings where in wrong in the inner cv boot of the pass side if they were destroyed and not spinning? I am at a loss for words really...

Comment

well open it up again and recheck everything man. or take it back to the guy who did it. if the mechanic did it then he holds the responsibility to fix it man. so go ahead and take it there.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
        X