coolent leaks down the back of the engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coolent leaks down the back of the engine

and drips near the drain plug for the oil. Whats that mean. I need an answer fast -thanks

head gasket?hhmm any more details because our cars are not known to blow head gaskets?

Comment

It runs fine but there is just a constant drip. After the cars been sitting a while I end up with a big puddle under it

Comment

big puddle of coolent? or oil?or both? also are you sure the radiator is not leaking atall?and the leak is on the header side you said? you sure its not on the front?intake side?

Comment

It is green coolent no oil at all. It coming down the back side of the engine (facing the firewall).

Comment

thats the fron of the engine.no oil means no blow head gasket. check your hoses that run near the left side of the valve cover (looking straight on).theres probably a leaky old hose.dont drive with low fluid.it hasta be a hose leaking somwear find it.

Comment

you just have to get under there and see where it is coming from. It could be the thermostat housing, waterpump, or the coolant passage that goes from the waterpump to the thermostat. Just put it up on some jack stands and slide underneath for a look. Oh, and if is is leaking pretty bad, don't forget to keep that coolant topped off until you get it fixed.
              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

This is where it is. I couldnt get a real pick of it because it was too dark. Its leaking next to the bottom of the timing belt cover.
                Attached Files

Comment

Probably the waterpump or the coolant passage o-ring at the waterpump. When was the last time you did a t-belt and waterpump?

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Person before me at 100k. I have 173k now

Comment

well, you'll just have to get underneath and take a look to see which one it is.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Sounds like a water pump to me. That's the exact same problem I had. Hence, the motor swap.
                        H23 Powered CB7

Comment

well if u read the manual those are the symptoms of a bad water pomp. but as fizzbob7 said just take it somewhere so they can check up. because if its the water pomp u might as well do the change the timing belt etc.
                          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

yea a seeping water pump is a sign of it going bad, or it may be the seal, keep it topped up for now but soon to be replaced needed!
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

the leak could be coming from the coolant drain plug that is located near the oil filter. I don't know if this could be of any help

Comment

Working...
                              X