hmmm somting wong with Engine???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm somting wong with Engine???

Alright guys prolly been answered my car now when I mash on the Gas starts to bog out in/around Vtec. (vtec engages when i put 1/4 throttle and make my way up =) ) but when I step on the gas more it bogs...why? hmmmm could it be the Vaccum? or could it be my header and is kicking back pressure? I bolted only 2 bolts on the header and it runs fine NO CEL or anything but hmmm. My VSS is no longer working but o wells =) but that wont do anything with me mashing on the gas moderators any clue?
    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

No VSS = No vtak. Mine had vtak because I have a VAFC so that bypassed the ECu yea it was the shit. Might be able to bypass it on the chip maybe not sure though.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

No VSS = No Vtec = CEL right but I have vtec and I engaged it just it boggles down near the engagement of Vtec. hey Nail take a Pic of your engine Bay for me and show me your Vaccum lines and Etc want to compare it with mine if you dont mind. I checked your Members rides and I can't hardly see the engine bay Pics. Thanks again mang

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Which are you need? Anywhere specific? Like to the map box and such?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i need a pic of the map box but im sure i hooked it up correctly i just wanna make sure, also can ya take a pic of the iacv lines where they connect on both ends thanks nail

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
          1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Yea ill try doing all this tomorrow if I get to it. You try cleaning your solenoid trah? Maybe it dirty All I know is that imma do that spring break lol before my next oil change.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Yea ill try doing all this tomorrow if I get to it. You try cleaning your solenoid trah? Maybe it dirty All I know is that imma do that spring break lol before my next oil change.
              nope haven't tried that yet. I was going to switch the VSS out with the F22 VSS and see if that works since I switched the VSS with my my old m2b4 on the m2a4. Since it was newer. Well Ima try that later on today and also see if the F22 Vssq will make me engage in VTEC when I Mash On the GAS thanks guys

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Yea the f22a works on the manual trans. As long as the vss are all manual your good. So if you know it works then install it on.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Nail Give me a Engine Shot pic of your vaccum. I think I got mine somewhat right but still idling like @ 400 - 700 but when I rev it a little it goes to 100 lol

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Heres a couple of pictures. Hope they help you guys a lil. My cam was runnin low on batteries.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Your Intake Manifold Is different from mine since the VIn was BB4 but never mind that. I changed the VSS also changed the entire thing added more Tranny fluid and still same issue. And I know for a fact that my F22 VSS worked. Could it be the O2 sensor since before back in 99 with my SI i cut the O2 sensor and rewired it and then It stated doing the same thing as it is now. hmmmm but o wells I tried different maps and same thing. Also when I was droving down the road my battery light was showing could it be my battery is 2 small for the Power of the H22 but then again It worked on the other I dunno like the pics that Nail posted I had that IM on the old H22 but this one is different ?????

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

will try that later on tonight when I find my timing gun hmmmmmm I was thinking maybe the dizzy but It Runs fine when I pull all the vaccum lines out. And then it dies when I pull the Map sensor vaccum line.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

So does your speedo work now? If ound mine to work fine with the f22 trans but then I also found out my wiring got severed so my buddy helped me rewire the vss and now it works again. It was shorting out to something. Double check the o2 sensor. Battery light usually means charging system so prob alternator is starting to go out.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Wow dude. I see a few issues I'd take care of asap...
                            what's wrong with your IAB's? if you're running a Chiped P28 or something just leave the IAB's disconnected from the vac line. just cap the nipple on the intake mani when you're done. This way there's less issues with the IAB's causeing tubulence at some givin RPM/throttle position.

Your fuel pressure regulator vac line looks a bit messed up. Get one single vac line that is unobstructed.

Your throttle cable looks a bit worse for ware. You might want to pick one up at the local honda dealer soon.

Lastly why not trim down that valve cover vent hose (blue one). Give it a strighter path to the intake and make it look better
                            ~~~~~~~

Comment

1. IAB are fine they are wired up into vacuum. Still figuring out a way of triggering it with the VAFC debating on it. Also there is no black box there.
                              2. FPR line is fine its in vacuum. The line wasnt long enough and at the wrong angle so we had to macgyver it.
                              3. Throttle cable is fine its only the rubber crap outside coming apart.
                              4. Because it will crimp because of the angle. MY old tube was like that and how the blue tube is is just fine. I prefer it like that anyway.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X