Odd power steering leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd power steering leak

I've noticed several times over the last few months when I check my fluid levels, there will be power steering fluid on the top of the reservoir. I'm not talking just a few drops ether, I mean it's covered in fluid, and it's dripped down onto the inner fender, and there will be a little on the ground. Does anyone have any idea how fluid managed to leak out of the top of the reservoir, because this is puzzling me. I didn't think there was that much (if any) back pressure in the power steering system, and I can't imagine that I take turns hard enough to force the fluid past the cap. BTW, a mechanic across the street from my mom listened to the pump, and said it sounds fine.

the system is pulling air in from somewhere causing it to froth and bubble over. check the system again when the car is on and see what is happening in the reservoir.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

WOW! thats odd i just experienced this problem this morn. what a coinsidence? But I never had to time to check it.

Comment

My power steering lines are corroding and have several pin hole size leaks. When the system is under pressure, they shoot fluid about 18 inches. See if you can see a leak while its running (turn the wheel lock to lock several times).

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

my power steering went to shit recently, and it was a direct result of an air leak on the PS cooler line which i removed when i installed my intercooler. easy fix...just find the air leak and patch it up
          1993 CB7
          2001 BB6

Comment

Working...
          X