ANOTHER car wont start thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANOTHER car wont start thread.

ive sat here for an 2 hours. serached(one time the search thing was down. kept getting that white page with error on it.) and i even went thru all the threads in the Technical section. but to no avail.

the other day i got off from work and started my car. it idled roughly and its been doing that for a while. i figured it might be the spark plugs or wires. my car has been running lean for a while and i cant figure out why. so i go to take off and it hesitates alot. stutters. then runs good for like 10ft then stutters and hesitates again. i get to the stop sign and it idles at about 100rpm then shuts off. i tried to start it back up but all it would do is turn over.

i was told it wasnt getting enough fuel. got some new injectors but then i found out it was getting fuel. fuel pump was working. injectors were working. fuel was in the fuel rail. and i had pressure b/c when i turned the ignition to "ON" not start but "ON" i saw the fuel spraying from the top of one of the injectors(didnt tighten one of the nuts on all the way. fixed that.)

before and after the injector install it would start but would idle real rough at about 300RPM then shut off. no check engine light. no warning. i check the spark plugs. 2 had some brown stuff CAKED on the electrods. one looked ok. and the 4th had some black crap on it. but the gap had been bridged. so i brought new plugs. but the car STILL wont start. i have 2 days to get this fixed before i have to go back to work.

the only thing i can think of is the main relay. but talked to a swap expert and he told me if you hear the fuel pump whirring sound then its not the main relay. please people. i need to figure this out.

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Shadow1
    ive sat here for an 2 hours. serached(one time the search thing was down. kept getting that white page with error on it.) and i even went thru all the threads in the Technical section. but to no avail.

the other day i got off from work and started my car. it idled roughly and its been doing that for a while. i figured it might be the spark plugs or wires. my car has been running lean for a while and i cant figure out why. so i go to take off and it hesitates alot. stutters. then runs good for like 10ft then stutters and hesitates again. i get to the stop sign and it idles at about 100rpm then shuts off. i tried to start it back up but all it would do is turn over.

i was told it wasnt getting enough fuel. got some new injectors but then i found out it was getting fuel. fuel pump was working. injectors were working. fuel was in the fuel rail. and i had pressure b/c when i turned the ignition to "ON" not start but "ON" i saw the fuel spraying from the top of one of the injectors(didnt tighten one of the nuts on all the way. fixed that.)

before and after the injector install it would start but would idle real rough at about 300RPM then shut off. no check engine light. no warning. i check the spark plugs. 2 had some brown stuff CAKED on the electrods. one looked ok. and the 4th had some black crap on it. but the gap had been bridged. so i brought new plugs. but the car STILL wont start. i have 2 days to get this fixed before i have to go back to work.

the only thing i can think of is the main relay. but talked to a swap expert and he told me if you hear the fuel pump whirring sound then its not the main relay. please people. i need to figure this out.

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!
    if you are running lean that means you are notgetting enough fuel. How's your fuel filter?

Comment

i figured that if theres fuel in the rail and in the injectors the fuel filter should be good. or am i presuming wrong?

i dont know how to check if the fuel filter is good or not. is there a way?

Comment

The fuel pump keeps the fuel under pressure. Pretty much the fuel is getting to the injectors. But crud caked on your plugs means you have not done a tune up in a long while. Do a thorough tune up. Change plugs, distributor cap, rotor, maybe even the spark plug wires. Check your EGR, IACV. Check your battery wires and connections. Good luck.

Comment

i figured that if theres fuel in the rail and in the injectors the fuel filter should be good. or am i presuming wrong?

i dont know how to check if the fuel filter is good or not. is there a way?
          Install a fuel pressure gauge on the rail where that banjo nut deal goes. Should read around 35-36 psi. That will eliminate your pump, lines, filter and regulator.

Comment

thanx man. what else after that? if it reads that psi what do i do after that?

i got 27 people who looked at this thread and no one else?

Comment

when it dies, do you have to let it sit for a while before starting it back up? or does it start up a couple seconds later...?
              ]

Comment

it doesnt even start now. all i get is it turning over.

its getting gas. its getting spark. it just wont start.

Comment

hmm and its probly not hot outside for you. you tried starting it up after letting it sit overnight? kind of sounds like its dizzy related.... have you checked the main relay? and IACV?
                  ]

Comment

before this happened i cleaned out the EGR, IACV, and FITV. i checked the OHM of all of them(to the haynes manual specs.) and they all checked out fine.

as far as the main relay. i talked to c guy who does swaps and he said if it ws the main relay then i wouldnt hear the fuel pump. is that true?

Comment

before this happened i cleaned out the EGR, IACV, and FITV. i checked the OHM of all of them(to the haynes manual specs.) and they all checked out fine.

as far as the main relay. i talked to c guy who does swaps and he said if it ws the main relay then i wouldnt hear the fuel pump. is that true?
                      i dont think so, dont quote me on that though. you can always open up the main relay and look and see if its bad and solder it.

edit: i reread your ot over and i think it is your main relay. when it dies do you hear a wierd burping noise from the intake?
                      Last edited by Turbo Dave; 04-25-2007, 11:23 AM.
                      ]

Comment

well i havent had a chance to here it cut off since it cut off last time. the last time i heard it run was monday afternoon before i changed the plugs. before i changed the plugs there was some black(carbon build up i think) bridging the gap. and 2 others had some brown crap caked on them. the other was ok. the car would start up but it idles crappily at like 100rpm then it would die out. so replaced ALL the plugs thinking that was the problem. but since i replaced the spark plugs it wont even start now. i put all the spark plug wires in their proper places.

another person said its the battery but it doesnt give any signs of it being the battery tho.

Comment

im pretty sure its the main relay or the iac valve. or both. my car is exhibiting the same things right now, but ive got it pinpointed to the iac valve, i think i could use a tune up as well.
                          ]

Comment

i just want to make sure b/c i dont want to go spend like $50 on a main relay and find out its not the problem.

i keep hearing peope say main relay. whats funny is that i had a woman who look at my car the other night say its b/c i have air in my combustion chamber. lmao.

anyways. main relay? anyone know how much one would cost? i know its not no $50. its more i think.

Comment

it could also be your ignition module aka ignitor which is in the dizzy. not hard to change
                              sold to the highest bidding stanger i miss this bitch
                              the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

Working...
                              X