Is this good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this good?

OK...I was cleaning my engine area yesterday and you know (if you have the factory F22A6) above the lil piece that is stamped "F22A6" there's a lil' rubber thingy that fits inside a slot...does that do anything? I was cleaning around it and it seemed to fall under that car,,,but I can find it. I've started it since so it's not in the fans or anything...any info would rule!!!
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

ive been wondering wtf that was, too...

but it is probably sitting on the plastic shield under the engine, the clip that holds my prop rod fell and once i pulled the plastic off, it fell out. so u could try that, unscrew those clips and pull it down a little, see if its in there.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yeah...it seemed to be in the fan blades...so I gave those a spin and it made a klunk noise...must be in there somewhere! So youre isn't there either? I just want to make sure so I don't like get oil all over my engine bay or something! lol thanks man!

. Snail Squad .

Comment

that rubber piece is so you can check your timing. losing that piece won't hurt anything. if you can't find it don't worry!
        www.rms-usa.com

Comment

awesome guys! thanks!

. Snail Squad .

Comment

first off watch ur thread titles....when people search, they are going to have a hell of a time...

that piece of rubber is apart of the tranny/timming. one or the other but u can use it to stick a timming light in it, and figure out if u need to advance the timming, or retard the timming.

just find the plug....i never heard of bad things happening with that thing off...but my guess is that it wont be too good...
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
            X