Clutch Going Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Going Out?

Not very smart with trannys and clutchs and everything but the last two days my clutch has like no pressure when pushing it in. And now today i cant even push the clutch in enough to get it into first gear. What do i need to do? Is it my clutch thats going out? Something else with my tranny? Something i can fix right? Any idea what would have caused this? thanks for any help. Its very much appreciated.

My New Ride
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

So i got the clutch pedal fixed. It needed the clutch fluid. Put that in but now the gears wont go in. What do i need to do now? Anyone?

My New Ride

Comment

u didnt mess with the synchros at all did u?
      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
      Disregard females, acquire currency
      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

throw out berring bad? clutch pedel needs adjustment? Those are my guesses.
        I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

Bleed it. You obviously got a leak and I am willing to bet its your slave cylinder. Check the boot around it and make sure its not wet. if it is you need a new one.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I have not messed with anything. It just happened. The only thing i did was add Dot 3 fluid into the clutch resovoir. Before this happened my friends told me that a hissing noise thats there when im not pressin the clutch in is my throwout bearing. Clutch pedals good its just not going into gear now. And i dont know where the slave cylinder is. or what that is. Whats going to be stopping it from letting me put it into gear?

My New Ride

Comment

Its in the front of the transmission. It has a boot and presses against the shift fork. You cant miss it. Pop open engine look down around trans and you should see a clutch line go to it. Or you can try to follow your cluytch line and it wil lead you to it.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I think i checked the slave cylinder. Its directly behind the starter right? I check that and it was fine. Its not wet or anything. What else could it be?

My New Ride

Comment

Yea its around there. Does your car slip if you can even drive it? When you step on the clutch pedal is the slave cylinder moving. It should have like an inch or so of travel? I forgot or was it a 1/4 in. DOnt have a book on me but it should be something like that.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I cant even put it into first gear to drive it at all. I could check it by just pushing the clutch in couldnt I? If i changed out the tranny fluid would that fix anything.

My New Ride

Comment

Yea pressing in the clutch car on or off should move the slave. Probably not unless you had no trans fluid in there.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Alright i just checked it. Im prety sure i found it now. But right under neath it is a puddle of something. And all around it, its leaking. Is this prety hard to change out?

My New Ride

Comment

the slave right?

one 10mm flare nut wrench and i think a 12mm deep socket and that should be it.

remember to bleed it well and use oem honda brake fluid.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yea its the slave that is leaking. i have brake fluid that i changed. Now i just have to go buy the slave tomorow. and replace that. Is it gonna be alot of money to change it? Im gonna get that done tomorow and see if i still have the problem. But will it change if my gears are going in? I cant get any of the gears in.

My New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Haccord21
                              yea its the slave that is leaking. i have brake fluid that i changed. Now i just have to go buy the slave tomorow. and replace that. Is it gonna be alot of money to change it? Im gonna get that done tomorow and see if i still have the problem. But will it change if my gears are going in? I cant get any of the gears in.
                              well, if you change it and bleed it throughly AND you see it pumping in and out...it should mean thatt he slave is working. if that is good AND the egars arnt going in, it may be a throwout bearing.

tell you the truth, it should be that hard to change yourself but if you do have it done just make sure they dont half ass shit.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X