Car not starting, need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car not starting, need advice

Ok don't really know where to start. I was driving to work the other day, when a whining noise came from under my hood, then immediatly the engine died and now it wont start up. I'm getting fuel, and am getting ready to see if I have spark. I checked the timing belt and it looked fine. Any ideas as to what that whining noise was? It was a weird noise, it didn't sound like a belt or anything, so I'm stumped!

Hmm.... you need to be a little more specific.... did it lock up?.... slowly die? what did you feel....was the engine running rough and then it died... or just the noise?

does it click when you turn the key? or nothing?

does it turn over but not start?

give us something to work with!

Comment

yo i have the somewhat the same problem. but im thinking timing is off. i got spark, compression, and fuel, but it would start. im worried now, cus i dont have a car.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

yo i have the somewhat the same problem. but im thinking timing is off. i got spark, compression, and fuel, but it wouldn't start. im worried now, cus i dont have a car.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Look at your belts (accessory) and see if everything is in check. My crank pulley busted and my car shut off lol. (you could see it wobble be for it sang its last song)

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea... i didnt even think about that nail... the crank pulley probably would sound like that... and it would stop the car purty quick!

Comment

but how did he check the timing belt? he would have had to see the crank, if he inspected the timing belt

Comment

Working...
              X