uneven tire wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uneven tire wear

Just a question, how normal is it to have one side of the car wear slightly faster than the other? Just fyi, im dropped on neuspeed race springs (maybe 3 yrs old max) and an ingals camber kit (front and back about 1.0-1.3deg). The drivers side is wearing faster, but not by a whole lot.

You just lookin at the front on one side or what? NON lsd trans tend to do that since one power goes to one wheel mainly. Usually its the right side though or I thought. But you talkin about camber wear or tread wear? If its camber wear might not be adjusted properly. Also depends on how you drive. IF you take a lot of right turns it will put more stress on that one side and make it wear out. There are a lot of factors in tread wear.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well i rotate regularly so its both tires on the river side compared to both on the pass side. The tires wear about the same except for at the inside edges (camber wear?) I thought camber issues too, except for the guy doing the adjustments says they are within 0.2 degrees. Hes respectable, so i kinda believe him. THe other thing is that I've been living where the lot is on a slope to the passenger side, so i was thinking that maybe my neuspeeds have started to slouch on that side.....

Comment

I'm assuming you're talking about the fronts, but have your toe specs checked out, a combo of toe and negative camber will eat tires so fast b/c it's concentration all tire wear to one area of the tire and w/ the toe it's as if the tire is being dragged along the road I guess it could be normal, but have your alignment checked. If you have proper toe w/ some to even alot of neg. camber, that will be just fine.

Comment

most alignment guys are lazy and don't account for the driver's weight ALWAYS being there. if an alignment ends up with even camber from side to side, then when you get in, it ends up more negative on the driver's side, more positive on the passenger and could literally end up 1 degree apart, which would explain the wear.

alignment people are fucking useless for the most part though. they dont care and know even less.
          ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

alright, in that case i'll get it re-aligned after i get some new rubber. I'm guessing it has to do with the camber/springs. Anyone know a good place to get an alignment? I'm in the chicago area.....and i mean GOOD

Comment

Working...
            X