clutch hydraulic system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch hydraulic system

where is it located at? trying to bleed my MC after i replaced it.
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

You bleed it from the slave cylinder.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

u bleed it from the slave

Comment

i was and nothing was comin out. book says to do it from the hydraulic system

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=bleed

read last step

Comment

At first your not gonna get much but you have to pump the hell out of it. If your quick half an hour will do if not your gonna be there\ for quite a while. And follow the DIY posted.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Hydrolic clutch bleeding

This is just for your information. Feel free to do it like the book states.
              When I replaced my master cylinder I had a hell of a time bleeding it.

(1) The first thing to remember is that sometimes it isn't your fault. I spend over a week trying to bleed my "new" master cylinder before getting pissed and putting the old one back on. Turns out the new one was defective and could not hold any pressure... It took me 10 seconds to bleed the "old one"

(2) Do not go buy a suction bleeder for brake lines (if you have one go ahead and try it) the reason i say this is because many aftermarket (and possibly OEM) Honda master cylinders have a floating hydraulic piston in them. What this means is that the little piston in it is not actually connected to the rod attached to the clutch pedal and when negative pressure is applied it sucks in and closes the valve preventing you from properly bleeding the system.

(3) The way I did it in 10 seconds was to buy a "suction gun" from an automotive store (costs like $15.00). It is basically a grease gun designed for liquids. Fill it up with brake fluid and with a couple feet of plastic tube attached to the end then turn it upside down and apply pressure till all the air is out and you are left with nothing but brake fluid. Apply the end of the plastic tubing to the nipple on the slave cylinder. Open the master cylinder reservoir and have a syringe or something handy to suck out the extra fluid. Make sure the clutch pedal is out (close to the chair). Open the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder (nipple the plastic is attached to) and apply pressure to the handle on the suction gun. Do this for a few moments removing fluid from the reservoir to prevent it from overflowing then have you or a friend close the bleeder valve (nipple) and feel the clutch. If it needs more pressure repeat. I did this for about 10 seconds then drove her around the block. Haven't had an issue in over 6 months.

Here is a picture of where the slave cylinder is and the bleeder valve (sorry if it is too big)
              [IMG][/IMG]

If anyone has anything to add let me know, and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
              Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 07-22-2007, 02:14 AM. Reason: Picture of slave cylinder

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

thanks everyone! i was gettin frustrated because the pedal would go str8 to the floor and stay there. i'll try Ghetto_CB7 way first thing tomorrow morning because i know someone that has that item to bleed it. if not then i'll keep trying.

Comment

Oh yea if you didnt bench bleed the MC your just gonna be there all day also.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

that was the first thing i started doin once i installed it, very little fluid came out.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      Oh yea if you didnt bench bleed the MC your just gonna be there all day also.
                      explain please....

Comment

Dump brake fluid into the MC and push the pushrod until you see fluid come out of the ports.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Dump brake fluid into the MC and push the pushrod until you see fluid come out of the ports.
                          nothing happens when i do that.

i dont have a grease gun, i have some kind of sunction gun. a lot of bubbles coming out when using it.

but what Ghetto_CB7 is saying is that with the grease gun filled up with fluid, im just applying fluid into the nipple instead of taken the air out? and if soo, i use all the fluid in the gun?

Comment

Bleeding

This does remove bubbles out of the system. Basically you are reverse pressure bleeding the system. I do not think I have a picture of the "suction gun" I used but i can run to an automotive store real quick and take a picture if you want. The bubbles should be coming out at the MC reservoir, and you should be applying positive pressure to the slave cylinder nipple. Make sure all the things I listed in my first post are done, and you should see a considerable increase in pressure within a few seconds. (It may be difficult to apply the pressure I used a piece of angle iron to help me get leverage. And yes the suction gun should be filled with brake fluid.

If you are still having difficulties list the steps you are taking to bleed it and we can fill in the gaps or let you know what to do differently. We will have you driving again in no time.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

I never heard ofo the reverse bleed method you mention. You can get a one man bleeder. Basically caps over the cmc reservoir and just forces it out. Makes bleeding a one man job. And since your doing MC its gonna take a while to bleed. At first you will prob see nothing becuase you have to let the fluid travel through the lines. That takes a while and quite a bit of pumping.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X