waht is the name of that part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waht is the name of that part?

i have heard people talk about it on this forum but i don't know what it is called. my idle jumps from 800-1600 rpm and i need to replace the part but i don't know what it is called. if somebody can help me that would be great.i htink it is a IACV but i don't know.
    Last edited by krakakru21; 07-02-2004, 07:09 PM.
    www.rms-usa.com

theres the idle air control valve,tps sensor,and iab sensor or last but not least your vacuum lines that can do that . Or you can be like me change all of these things time and time again come to find out it was my ecu thanks steve from hmotorsonline.

Comment

i have replaced everything but the idle air control valve. i called honda and they want $170 for the thing. why so expensive?
      Last edited by krakakru21; 07-02-2004, 04:36 PM.
      www.rms-usa.com

Comment

go to junkyard never the stealership where the little evil hondaman awaits .

Comment

I've got a used IAC for $20 shipped =)

hold on to your butts

Comment

is the IACV on the intake manifold? i have the f22b1 in my car and i believe it is on the upper back part of the manifold can anyone correct me?
            www.rms-usa.com

Comment

IAC is on the manifold, and has a coolant line going in and out, plus 2 wires. It should have a DENSO sticker on it.

The fast idle thermo valve just has coolant lines.

The starting air valve only has a vaccuum line.

(I think...)

hold on to your butts

Comment

yup

Comment

I did one where the filter screen was gunked up. I pulled it off the car, doused it in carbeurator cleaner, shook it round to force out the gunk, let it dry, put it back on, and it ran like a champ!

Comment

Yeah i did the same thing when my car ran like crap I took it off used a little water brush with soap and had it back to nice and silver cause it was pitchblack. Then after that the idling thing went away slowly then stopped.

Comment

Working...
                    X