Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As stated earlier
    it's NOT a stock ECU

it's a phearable chipped P28 with vtec speed limiter removed.

i was thinking ignitor, it would make sense.
    The CB7 Timeline

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordexpower
      As stated earlier
      it's NOT a stock ECU

it's a phearable chipped P28 with vtec speed limiter removed.

i was thinking ignitor, it would make sense.
      and once again people are TRYING to tell you that it MIGHT be your VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR which is NOT the same as speed limiter. speed limiter just means that you cant drive the car over a certain MPH while the vehicle speed sensor(the way that i understand it) has alot to do with that little needle showing MPH on your dash. it makes sense to me being as it SENSES VEHICLE SPEED and it also makes sense that if it were bad it would read a ZERO mph reading from time to time and as it has been stated VTAK will not engage at zero MPH now i want you to read this post TWICE and see if that makes any sense to you.

somebody E-slap me if this doesnt make any sense or im saying it wrong

p.s. ignitor is also a perfectly possible explaination also but look into BOTH

-sean
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
        and once again people are TRYING to tell you that it MIGHT be your VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR which is NOT the same as speed limiter. speed limiter just means that you cant drive the car over a certain MPH while the vehicle speed sensor(the way that i understand it) has alot to do with that little needle showing MPH on your dash. it makes sense to me being as it SENSES VEHICLE SPEED and it also makes sense that if it were bad it would read a ZERO mph reading from time to time and as it has been stated VTAK will not engage at zero MPH now i want you to read this post TWICE and see if that makes any sense to you.

somebody E-slap me if this doesnt make any sense or im saying it wrong

p.s. ignitor is also a perfectly possible explaination also but look into BOTH

-sean

And what i'm saying is...
        #1. The ecu not only disables the speed governor, but the VTEC Speed limit, which to my understanding, disables any VSS related vtec disengagement.
        #2. The speedo hasn't been doing any jumping, just the tach. If the speedo occasionally didn't work, and thought the car was going 0mph, the ECU would rev limit itself to 5500 rpms, where my 2step is at.
        #3. The VSS is a new VSS, seeing as how I just replaced the whole transmission a week ago.

so VSS theory is officially busted.
        The CB7 Timeline

Comment

And as I said check your ignitor...for the bouncing tach apparently you missed that part.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea it's lifetime warrantied through autozone so i'm gonna go pick up a new one tomorrow and throw it in, and see how it is then.
            The CB7 Timeline

Comment

How about checking the solenoid like d112 said? Check to see if the screen behind the solenoid is clean. I'm leaning on the solenoid also. Igniter would give wierd problems throughout the power band.

Comment

i mean im glad that all that is the case but for future reference that type of information would help narrow peoples thoughts to a more specific point, i mean.these two statements right here...
                #1. The ecu not only disables the speed governor, but the VTEC Speed limit, which to my understanding, disables any VSS related vtec disengagement.
                #3. The VSS is a new VSS, seeing as how I just replaced the whole transmission a week ago.....
                could have saved me 10 minutes of my life trying to get my point across. i dont have an h22 and dont know shit about phearable.net or what their ECU's do but i do know a technical thing or two that could be helpful providing me and the rest of the guys are given the specifics. sorry for seemingly jumping in your shit about me not thinking you understood. sounds to me like the problem has already been significantly narrowed.

-sean
                Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

It wasn't until i was writing my reply that I realized that when i replaced the tranny, a new VSS came with it. But i do appreciate the help
                  The CB7 Timeline

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                    How about checking the solenoid like d112 said? Check to see if the screen behind the solenoid is clean. I'm leaning on the solenoid also. Igniter would give wierd problems throughout the power band.

That's a good idea too, i'll check it out. I'm only leaning towards ignitor because of the crazy tach movement. Which i've experienced before, and turned out to be an ignitor, but never only in high RPMs like that, usually it will do it anytime.
                    The CB7 Timeline

Comment

here's a video i just took of a 2nd and 3rd gear pull

The CB7 Timeline

Comment

it was the ignitor, here's the video with the new ignitor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaBq7H6Fmbg
                        The CB7 Timeline

Comment

Working...
                        X