Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Filter

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...9-16-06--5.jpg

I bought a AEM intake and i was wondering why would the filter get like that? the intake isnt that old at all and i have cleaned it out twice already with the bottle they sell at autozone or pepboys. But it started to do that fast.

Looks like some muscle man picked it up and twisted it like a beer can. Was the box it came in smashed or anything? For the money you paid for that thing I would think AEM could send you a replacement if it was like that when it arrived but, they may not be as understanding now, since it has been installed.. Never hurts to try though.. Later

Comment

Whats it been rubbing against. And looks like someone put a lil too much muscle into it. Dont see anything it would effect other than the looks unless theres is a hole in there.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

nobody pushed on it or anything. i just put it on like normal and it started to look like after a while. (while means months)

Comment

its must have been rubbing against something, for that time period.

Comment

How did you clean it out?

Did you use rinse it in water and then apply the oil later after it dried?

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Did you let it air dry or did you take a hair dryer to it after rinsing? A guy in my Auto Shop class took a hair dryer to his K&N Filter and couldnt figure out why it shriveled up. Yours is not nearly as bad as his was, and his still worked just looked twisted. Later

Comment

Working...
              X