A/C purging air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C purging air

Is it really necessary? I just recharged my A/C, but didn't purge the air/moisture out. Would this pose a problem in the long run? My vents are blowing at around 47-50 degrees C. Keep in mind that my A/C system hasn't been charged for over 10 years.

Somebody answer this question Please.....

Plus how do you Purge the system?

Comment

PM'd

Comment

What are you talking about purging? You cant purge and AC system but you can release it into atmosphere and all that does is release refrigerant. It would be best to vacuum out the complete system regardless. IF you are swapping refriigerants this is a critical role.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm talking about purging air/moisture out of the A/C system using a vacuum pump. Is it really needed? Staying R12 by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by MenaceAccord92
            I'm talking about purging air/moisture out of the A/C system using a vacuum pump. Is it really needed? Staying R12 by the way.
            you might as well but if you didnt and its blowing ice cold...

if i had access to the equipment and could do it the right way, i would. if i were you anyway.

Comment

is it 47-50 F or C there are big diffs there...If its C you got someting way wrong. F then its normal and wouldnt bother with it. It woulda been best to vac the system but if its still blowing cold I wouldnt worry about it.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
              X