Drivers Seat Question ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers Seat Question ..

I have a 90 LX and have a chance to get a 92 LX drivers seat ...
    tracks and all ..
    Even the lil armrest thingy .. heheheh ..but .. I understand that the belts are different size?
    Or atleast the male part that fits in the female part on the seat is not the same size ..

Has anyone got any experiance with this mod at all? Can it be done? I want the armrest ..
    but hell .. he's gonna give me the seat for less then the armrest would cost ..
    I dont wanna do it tho if it's a waste of time and wont work ..
    Any input from anyone is appreciated ..

thanks
    tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

The 90s & 91s have those stupid ass automatic retracting seat belts, dont they? I hate those. See if u can get the seat belt assembly from ur friend & do the 92-93 manual conversion.

Comment

I actually like the automatic system .. get in .. put the key in the ignition ..VRRrrrrrrrrpp ..
      heheheh .. choke .. gasp ... ARRrrrhhhhh !!
      ok ok .. so it's happened a *couple* of times ..lol .. the belt hit my baseball cap the other day ..
      knocked it clean off .. but I've never had any real problems with um ..yet ...

A Hui Hou !!!!
      Paka

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Not sure why people think the seats are different. I put bustedlx's seats out of his 92/93 into both of my 91's, no problem. As far as the auto seatbelt thing... if you have a manual seat, you will just have to use the one bolt, then drill a hole for the second one whereever it wont interfere, and then just use a bolt/nut. Dont use cheap drill bits cuz the seat brackets, and seat belt metal is made out of some tough stuff.

Comment

yea...stupid auto seatbealts. and don't forget there's an elctric harness under the seat. make sure you unplug that before you pull them out. otherwise you'll be doing some splicing.
          O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

Working...
          X