Radius rod bushings installation Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radius rod bushings installation Question

which direction should these be installed? I know the small goes in the rear and big to the front but how??

Like this.. (NUT)>-<(POLE) or (NUT)<->(POLE) ????

Should the smaller part of the bushing be in the cross member or the big open end go in the cross member??

(nut) <--> (rod)

notice that not all 4 bushings are the same.. two are thicker than the others... match them to the stock ones...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

This is hard to describe through words, but I'm 95% (going on memory) the thicker ones go in the front. The tapered/rounded end goes into the crossmember, squarer end goes out. Those big washers, when you look @ them, will be in the concave position, and sitting sort of inside each bushing. Then the small regular size washers go at each end of that hole assembly. Don't forget about the sleeve that spaces everything out correctly! Good luck!

Comment

sound like my cars missing the washers.... And my bushings are installed the wrong way. I kinda figured that they are in there wrong. I can't get my caster right on my drivers side tire. Yes it's been hit yadi yadi. I tried using the camber kit to get more caster didn't help much. So I guess i'll try flipping the bushings around the right way. should i get some shims and what size are they?

Comment

Working...
        X