Need help with removing A/C condensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with removing A/C condensor

I searched but couldn't find anything. I want to remove my A/C condensor but I noticed a line running from it to my VSS. Do I just loop the two lines together or what? and is there anything else that runs to or through the condensor that I have to alter? Thanks in advance.

Never underestimate a 4-door Accord

What exactly do you want to remove? A/C and P/S stuff, like a VSS, are completely separate. Can you onto Majestic and show us a diagram pic of what you want to remove?
    Last edited by Granite CB7; 09-17-2007, 05:54 PM.

Comment

I don't understand what you want me to show you? It's the A/C condensor I want to remove. It sits right in front of the radiator and looks just like a radiator. There are lines running from my vehicle speed sensor to the condensor. I'm figuring it's probably for cooling purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfiend92lx
        I don't understand what you want me to show you? It's the A/C condensor I want to remove. It sits right in front of the radiator and looks just like a radiator. There are lines running from my vehicle speed sensor to the condensor. I'm figuring it's probably for cooling purposes.
        take the radiator out then It should have some bolts of something
        wat?

Comment

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m.../400/15-69.pdf

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m.../400/15-41.pdf

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Its quite easy to take out the Condenser.

First you need to take off the grill and the Hood latch assembly.

Then you will have to remove the middle part of the radiator support.

After that you will see the condensor.

Its held onto the radiator support with 2 nuts, One on each side. Remove the nuts. And remove the lines that are attached to it and pull it straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
              Its quite easy to take out the Condenser.

First you need to take off the grill and the Hood latch assembly.

Then you will have to remove the middle part of the radiator support.

After that you will see the condensor.

Its held onto the radiator support with 2 nuts, One on each side. Remove the nuts. And remove the lines that are attached to it and pull it straight up.
              Basically he summed it up. But where did you get VSS??? Thats on the other side of the motor...There is a PS cooler up there.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm doing a H22 swap right now so I have everything out already. I don't need to know how to unbolt the condensor I need to know what to do about the lines running to it. I could be wrong but I thought there was a line running from my VSS to the condensor for cooling purposes. I looked at it the other day and followed a line running from the VSS to the condensor. I'll look at it again tomorrow. I have all my other A/C stuff out already. I wanna keep my P/S.

Comment

I'm still confused b/c P/S (VSS) and A/C are completely separate, but are you talking about the P/S cooler that's right in front on the radiator? I removed my whole A/C system, so I know what you're trying to do here

Comment

bringing this back...what are those 2 coils in front of the condensor? they sit on the outside of the rad support core. is that the power steering cooler?

i all ready took the p/s out, but wanted to put my a/c back in, so i didnt know if i need those coils in front. or if a condensor, drier, and new lines is all i needed.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

ps cooler is a metal tube, bent in a U shape with a bunch of fins on it, it comes through the rad support on the drivers side

Comment

this sits on the front side of the rad support? basically if i dont have ps anymore, i dont need the ps cooler?

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

right, its only a pound or so, not a big deal really, but if you want you can take it out

Comment

i wasnt doing it for weight lol...i was doing it for future intercooler fitment, so i can retain stock front bumper and not worry about hacking up the front bumper, if i can get the intercooler all the way back torwards the rad support. i really appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
                            X