ECU fuse keeps blowing.!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU fuse keeps blowing.!!!

i dont know why out of random my ECU fuse keeps blowing so i got tired and put a 30V fuse and it hasnt blown yet. its some type of electrical problem. Any idea what is causing my ecu fuse to blow ocassionally.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

dude do you want to blow your ECU? Check your ground on the water outlet. Even if it looks clean pull it off and scuff it up with some sand paper that should help.

Comment

wheres the water ground at?

Comment

is that the 7.5 amp one....check ur deck too...wires can be touchin
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ECU fuse is 10V not 7.5, also whats the deck? and um wheres the ground on the water outlet?

Comment

The lower radiator hose goes up to the block, and under the outlet on the block, the ecu ground is. Its a 10 mm bolt with a wire around it. Just loosen that, sand down the contact points (on the wire too), and make sure its tight when you put it back on.

Comment

ok ill try that

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod
                ECU fuse is 10V not 7.5, also whats the deck? and um wheres the ground on the water outlet?
                u mean the one that says "backup" in the engine bay....its SUPPOSED to be 7.5 if u look at the label.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

amp not volts

Member Ride Facebook
                  XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                  SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                  For Sale Thread

Comment

Something else to look at which is a big problems on preludes is check the wiring for the automatic antenna. The antenna can short out and cause a short. We always just unplug the motor and the problem goes away.

Comment

I had this problem once, I had cut my o2 sensor wires because I was going to replace it and as I was driving apparenly one of the wires touched something that gounded it and it blew the fuse.

I would say if you done anything electrical on your car recently, go back and check there first.

Comment

iso i got tired and put a 30V fuse and it hasnt blown yet. .
                        waits for car fire

Comment

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD
                          I had this problem once, I had cut my o2 sensor wires because I was going to replace it and as I was driving apparenly one of the wires touched something that gounded it and it blew the fuse.

I would say if you done anything electrical on your car recently, go back and check there first.
                          yeah, I had a new 02 sensor installed BOSCH and needed to be rewired to fit with the F20B.

Anyway car sent to mechanic. Car not drivable. Only way car turns on is with a 25 fuse or 30. If i put a 7.5 one it blows.

Comment

Check your grounds, and wires bro mine did that I was scared as fuck cuz it popped on the highway and everything went blank!
                            99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

yeah it happend to me already, i'm scared of blowing my car so i took it to a pro on cars with eletrical problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X