Bottom End-rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom End-rebuild?

So today JHONDAAJ came to my house too check out my car. We start by checking my motor to see if every thing looks good timming,belts,vaccum hoses, and oil. Started my car and didnt hear what i wanted to here. Joe said it maybe a bad ROD or maybe a rod bearings We noticed theres been some patch work done on the block, not bad of a job but this bottom end has been cracked before or something? Should i REBUILD or by another bottom end??? PLEAS HELP!

The block has been cracked and repaired before correct?

If thats the case Id just get a new block....Might as well get something that hasnt been fucked with.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

for this case...

Junkyard is your BEST friend

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

It might have been cracked, theres splatter marks of a weld job but thats all i can see. The junk-yards up here fucking suck unless u guys know anyone selling a motor? I think im just going to save up and buy a H22

Comment

Now is the time to consider a built block, however I'm sure you can locate a forum member selling a stock F22 block on good condition.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by B20F22A1
            It might have been cracked, theres splatter marks of a weld job but thats all i can see. The junk-yards up here fucking suck unless u guys know anyone selling a motor? I think im just going to save up and buy a H22
            go to the so cal forums and ask.
            The beginning of a new era............................
            165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
            184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

You gotta save alot to swap a h22.

Get a short block send it to a machine shop have it balanced blue printed deburred honed decked. Assemble it with Forged Pistons Cryogenicly treated rods OEM bearings and Gaskets. Get a chipped ECU and SPRAY 125HP. I think youd be making more than the H22. Call and get some quotes.

short block = 300
              Machine Work and assembly = 800
              forged pistons= 450
              nitrous=600
              tune=200
              $2300= Rebuilt motor with warranty from shop and 250 WHP

$2300= DOC VTAK Y0! Now Im bout to spend a grip to make up for my vtec valve cover and 160WHP.

FRM= FTL
              Iron Sleeves=FTW

Comment

What about the other 99% that you're not using nitrous? Your car is slow as balls. Nitrous is a waste IMO. (Unless you race at the track)

Comment

^ nuh uh

He could do that, Im just stating an opinion and option/route he could take. Still That bottom end could be turbo charged or H22 swapped. While the H22 bottom end would need sleeves. The choice is his he might even end up getting a neon.

Comment

save up and get the H !! .. if you can find a cheap f22ax then go for it.. but if you got to pull the motor .. why not put in an H !!

Originally posted by Devergote
                    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

I like the idea of the whole rebuilt on the orignal block but maybe doing a frankenstien again might just not cut it. Dont get me wrong when i had the frankenstein it was fun... alot fun I was thinkin about a H22 block and H23 head and turbo the bitch just for the fun of it, just that things like this cost some money and some cool hook-ups. I just want my car up in running again even if i have go back to stock

Comment

fyi, h23 head is non v tec.

Comment

I know that the head is not vtec so........

Comment

non v tec head on v tec bottom end??

Comment

i have a bare f20 block if you want it

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq
                              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
                              X