ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignition

sup the 94-97 accord the ignition is confusing.. i lost my key right.. so im using a screwdriver to start it up now.. what i did was dig out everything that was in the key cylinder of the ignition.. what confuses me.. is if the igniton is still connected to the steering column whats keeping the steering wheel from locking. i'm lost.. atleast i can use my flathead to start my car now until i can save up for a new key and ignition
    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

as long as the ignition switch is attached to the steering column it should function normally with a gutted ignition switch lock cylinder.
    spin city

Comment

i understand... i don't see how the ignition still being there and not broken doesn't lock up the steering wheel.. not that i care.. but i lost my key and needed to do this as a quick way 2 get around..

Comment

anybody knows?

Comment

If i'm not mistaken the wheel lock on the cb7 is just a pin that pops in and out when the switch is turned, so it doen't care how the switch is turned, as long as it turns.

edit: that's why it so easy to steal them
          Last edited by rudy1980; 10-22-2007, 12:51 AM.
          MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
          If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
            If i'm not mistaken the wheel lock on the cb7 is just a pin that pops in and out when the switch is turned, so it doen't care how the switch is turned, as long as it turns.

edit: that's why it so easy to steal them

bingo.
            this is how most cars work. the pin is a thick piece of metal that is built into the ignition switch housing. the shaft that your steering wheel turns has a hole or grove in it which locks when the pin pops in place.
            spin city

Comment

well, I think your interlock system is reading that the key is still in the ignition. I think there is a green plug on your mechanical side of the ign. switch, unplug that connector and see what happens.
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

okay but its not a cb7 its a 5th gen accord.. and right now the ignition isn't broken its gutted out.. but i don't see how i can turn the wheel and it not lockin up on me.. im gonna be a new ignition cylinder like next week though..

Comment

^^^same principle

hurry up and replace that, before someone decides to go for a joyride!!!
                  MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                  If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

the system is all mechanical. It interprets the screwdriver as a key so it disables the lock.

Comment

Originally posted by soon2bdropped
                      okay but its not a cb7 its a 5th gen accord.. and right now the ignition isn't broken its gutted out.. but i don't see how i can turn the wheel and it not lockin up on me.. im gonna be a new ignition cylinder like next week though..
                      ign. interlock.
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                      X