Spinnig tire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinnig tire?

OK...my Accord is the first car I've ever driven that is a stick. The one thing I have is I spin tire...ALOT!! Especially when I'm starting uphill. I have the clutch to the clutchpoint...rev the engine to about 3 or so on flat ground and about 4500 on an uphill and it spins almost every time. If I don't rev it up that high I drift alot. Do alot of FWD cars do this or am I just not experienced with the clutch enough yet? Please help! Any suggestions would be awesome!

+ '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

ur just not experienced with a clutch 2 much rite now. i did that 2 when i first started out. u will catch on later and u will know when 2 get it closer and perfect.

Comment

eh.. ive always hard about keeping the heel on the ground.. but i usually never do that.. i dunno i find it hard to do.. and in no way am i inexperienced.. i dunno.. i do quick fine daily driving,racing, what have u..
      im sure not all people do that.. (heel on floor thing)
      but yeah if u can do that then go for it
      because ur toes can make a less amount of movement on the clutch then ur whole foot.. but i can control it so piff lol

by the way... i do use my toes thou.. my heel isnt on the floor but i do use my toes

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

hahaha i dont do the "pimp seat" thing.. nah.. its just i dunno.. for some reason i find it uncomfortbale to do alot.. dunno why.. cant explain it.. but i have just as much control as the next guy..
        i sit up as front as i can without my knees hitting the dash lol.. 6"3
        and my lil hatchie keeps getting smaller and smaller to me.. anyhoot.. yeah.. im gonna try that today.. drive and keep my heel on the floor..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

and added not.. when im racing or just driving fast..
          i use my toes 99percent of the time.. its just putting the heel down sheesh lol
          i cant do it..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

lol.. im the other way around... i can scoot back 2 clicks before the slider stops and i can still reach the clutch and gas and brake pretty easy, i do that on long trips.. but around town... i have it so that im pretty close.. but not too close..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

WOW! Thanks for the replys so far! See, I'm 6'1", I don't like the pimp seat either...I actually need the seat a few notches up (in the coupe). I don't like to have to extend my knee all the way to depress the clutch. The other problem I have is I wear a 14 shoe...my toes always hit off the dash...lol. I don't like the heel thing on the clutch...just on the gas.I use the toes for the clutch but I keep my whole foot off the ground. See...I'm still basically getting to learn how to drive too...that probably doesn't help much! If you want to reply more...go for it! lol

. Snail Squad .

Comment

way too much gas... 4500 rpms? I dont launch that high at the track. I think you just need more experience. and when you said you drift do you mean roll back?
                HSHO #3

Comment

yes

. Snail Squad .

Comment

omg, i'm from pittsburgh and there are a SHITLOAD of hills there. and i had to learn driving a stick on hilly roads. anyway, do this trick to start up a hill.

pull the handbrake. and when you want to start off, feather the clutch and give it gas until you can feel the car trying to go forward. but it won't really be going forward you'll just feel the weight shift back a little. at that point release the handbrake and you'll be smoothly going forward with NO rolling back whatsoever. even the automatic driver next to you will be wondering how you managed to keep your car from rolling back.

practice this on a flat surface first so you know what i mean by the 'weight shifting back' thing.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                      try this....on a hill, it's easier to find the point where you clutch actually starts to engage, then let out enough that the engine is kinda helping hold you in place, but not dying or anything...then go from there....lil more gas, lil less clutch...that way, instead of rolling backward then forward, you'll kinda just sit there and pull out of it.....just don't use the gas so much.....that's like dumping the clutch....you could sit there with your foot on the clutch and gas and hold yourself in place as if it were on the brake if you wanted......play around with it.....

yeah i agree. i do this sometimes too. but only when i only have to stop at a stop sign or something where i dont' have to wait too long. if i'm waiting at a traffic light on a hill i do my handbrake method. b/c i can't imagine sitting there on a hill lettign the clutch slip for minutes at a time...ouch heat.

Comment

Originally posted by MRF582
                        omg, i'm from pittsburgh and there are a SHITLOAD of hills there. and i had to learn driving a stick on hilly roads. anyway, do this trick to start up a hill.

pull the handbrake. and when you want to start off, feather the clutch and give it gas until you can feel the car trying to go forward. but it won't really be going forward you'll just feel the weight shift back a little. at that point release the handbrake and you'll be smoothly going forward with NO rolling back whatsoever. even the automatic driver next to you will be wondering how you managed to keep your car from rolling back.

practice this on a flat surface first so you know what i mean by the 'weight shifting back' thing.
                        I was actually figuring that would work...need to try that! Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys!

. Snail Squad .

Comment

I used the e-brake when I first learned... but now even with the 6 puck Im perfectly fine on steep hills. I guess you just have to get used to it. just dont do like my sig
                          HSHO #3

Comment

^^^^PIMP!!!

jus curious...has anyone tried to burnout in a basically factory single cam CB? I was just curious howmuch smoke it made with the handbrake...

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Yeah learning to start a standard up a hill isn't easy at first.

I take it you've mastered the technique in the past 2 years?

Holy dead thread revival Batman!
                              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
                              X