car wount start (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car wount start (again)

i was just driving too the junk yard too get a hood and when i come out too start my car nothing i pulled the plug, no spark, along with no fuel, idk what could be up i just replaced the main relay and still nothing did this happend to anyone
    Out of a job yet? Keep encouraging people to buy American. 500 of the biggest, most profitable American companies make more than half of their profits overseas! You Jackass!

i had the same problem,it's your distributor (the coil is done )
    get an other distributor ,or just replace the coil with a new one

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

damn i just replaced that thing like 2500 miles ago but whats up with the no fuel
      Out of a job yet? Keep encouraging people to buy American. 500 of the biggest, most profitable American companies make more than half of their profits overseas! You Jackass!

Comment

Originally posted by musteredonme
        damn i just replaced that thing like 2500 miles ago but whats up with the no fuel
        are you sure you're not getting fuel?
        try replacing the dizzy coil and see if you get sparks and then we'll talk about the no fuel (i think you're getting fuel)

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Hmm...I have been around you guys long enough....to remember some of the things you're talking about...and listening to my BF..

that NO SPARK..that sounds like either ( ignitor..or coil ) [replace coil or distributor..OR both]

no fuel..( main relay or clogged fuel filter )..but if you get a new main relay and still no fuel..check the ECU fuse. Resolder the old main relay!

I guess it pays to listen to my BF and help him when hes working on the cars

OOoo I almost forgot....I was explaining this to him...and he said..while you under the hood..check your ground wires..if you're not getting any spark!

Comment

ok i just got 2 dizzy from the junk yard complete ones and i tryed both and combo of parts from both and still no spark im goin too check all my grounds but i dont think thats it anyother ideas?

side note now that my system is in i keep popin fuses for my interior lights any idea on that one ether (my system is not connected in anyway too the lights ether)

Comment

disconnect your system. make sure your battery is pluged up right. bolts are tight on the battery wires and all.

if your not getting a spark the ignitor is probaly bad. or its the coil. alot of people have been having problems with this same issue lately so i think its the ignitor

check the main relay about the fuel problem. turn the key to the on position. if you dont hear the fuel pump in the back priming then its the main relay

Comment

im haveing the exact same problem right now...i tried new ecu fuses,new dizzy and still not a thing....lemme know if you figure it out
                Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
                ..::Built not Bought::..

Comment

Originally posted by Josh26
                  im haveing the exact same problem right now...i tried new ecu fuses,new dizzy and still not a thing....lemme know if you figure it out
                  dude ive tryed everything i have no idea and i have no money too take it too honda too see whats up

im goin too try and pull my sound system out and go from there idk if thats the problem or not but ill let u know

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                    disconnect your system. make sure your battery is pluged up right. bolts are tight on the battery wires and all.

if your not getting a spark the ignitor is probaly bad. or its the coil. alot of people have been having problems with this same issue lately so i think its the ignitor

check the main relay about the fuel problem. turn the key to the on position. if you dont hear the fuel pump in the back priming then its the main relay

try doing this stuff yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                      try doing this stuff yet?
                      yea ive checked all of my battery wires and grounds everything checked out ive tryed 3 dizzys from the junk yard and combos of all three also i got 2 main relays from the junk yard too but its weard cuzz i jump the wire underneth to turn the fule pump on and it works soo it has something too do with the relay but idk what cuzz ive tryed like 5 alreddy and at least one of them should of worked even for a min im probly goin too try and take it to honda and see what they have too say ill let u guys know

Comment

why take it to honda? take apart your main relay's and see if there are any cracks on the solder joints. if there are re-solder them simple as that. and they are probably not working because well you are getting JUNKYARD parts. and by looking at your sig you may want to invest more money into your car to get it running before you think about turbo. just my .02
                        Originally posted by jboyce
                        i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

SCCRRREEEEECCCHH..

Yo..

assuming you checked these already:

Main relay ( fuel )
                          Ignitor ( spark )
                          Coil ( spark )
                          ground ( power )
                          ECU fuses ( power )

if you're still not getting any spark..

try this:

Ignition switch!

but I can put Half on the Dizzy..and half on the Ignition switch!

if you have checked all your grounds ( the main problem one....on the Thermostat housing ...double check that one....sand down the surface...and retighten )

NOTE: if in fact ...you followed everyone that posted here...on what to do ( which is a dead on direction of whats causing your NON-START )...

add in the grounds and Ignition switch into the equation..

but it does sound like your Ignitor and/or Coil is bad!

but what ( Shadow1 ) said...check your battery cables.( had this happen a couple of times )....

it wont start..because it not getting a good contact for power...( Bat. cables )

just make a list of what everyone on here is pointing you in....and work your way down your list ( process of elimination )
                          Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 11-08-2007, 09:54 AM.
                          92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                          My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                            SCCRRREEEEECCCHH..

Yo..

assuming you checked these already:

Main relay ( fuel )
                            Ignitor ( spark )
                            Coil ( spark )
                            ground ( power )
                            ECU fuses ( power )

if you're still not getting any spark..

try this:

Ignition switch!

but I can put Half on the Dizzy..and half on the Ignition switch!

if you have checked all your grounds ( the main problem one....on the Thermostat housing ...double check that one....sand down the surface...and retighten )

NOTE: if in fact ...you followed everyone that posted here...on what to do ( which is a dead on direction of whats causing your NON-START )...

add in the grounds and Ignition switch into the equation..

but it does sound like your Ignitor and/or Coil is bad!

but what ( Shadow1 ) said...check your battery cables.( had this happen a couple of times )....

it wont start..because it not getting a good contact for power...( Bat. cables )

just make a list of what everyone on here is pointing you in....and work your way down your list ( process of elimination )
                            im goin too do this too day i got a new head gasket and im gettin a port and polsh and ill work my way through all the wires too see if something isnt connect or not ill let you guys know thanx for all the advice

Comment

:update:

ok i got my car too start when i got the head back on most of my grounds on the block and t stat houseing were jacked and needed too be reparied along with a new coil and differnt igniter and she started right up now i have a bad vacume leak and my rpms shot all the way up too 3k and back down but other than that i got her running

thanx for all your help i love this site

Comment

Working...
                              X