Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible to have xenon license plate lights ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible to have xenon license plate lights ?

Hey Guys,
    i was wondering if there are any bulbs that could replace existing license plate lights to make them look xenonish or bright white, like G35s lights are in the back. it would look really cool.
    Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

maybe replacing the lense cover with a clearer one. maybe a peice of plexie glass.
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

white Cold Cathode if you want something bright

Comment

Ebay>led whites?
        Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
        MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by champagneaccord
          Ebay>led whites?
          your post makes no sense

Comment

He was saying go on eBay and get white LEDs. That's all they are in the G35's. The cool white LED's.

Comment

I used to have the cheapy little Pilot Ultra White bulbs in my license plate and they were BRIGHT. They looked really good, especially with the little cover polished so it was transparent again.

Comment

I wonder what setup the current Lexus IS cars have. They have a very nice white light. Looks like cold cathode?

Comment

Why would anyone want that brighter? So cops can read your license plate easier?

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Hey, I bought a red LED dome light bulb to replace the factory one and it's awesome and works great!! Check this seller out on Ebay:

This is w/ one LED bulb:
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-WHI...spagenameZWDVW

This is w/ 5 LEDs:

The seller is 'itechleds' and they were easy to shop with and the shipping was quick. Good Luck if this be your route!

Comment

Originally posted by oranger
                      Why would anyone want that brighter? So cops can read your license plate easier?

x2.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I still have the bulb covers and even if i clean them every so often, they still get dirty, so unless i went LED, it dont matter what kind of bulb i get, the cover will only dim the light. Ive always wandered about colored bulbs in there as well....

x2 on the cop thing though. However, if your shit is too dim, and they cant see it, they may pull you over so....just best to keep it as legal as possible

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
                          I wonder what setup the current Lexus IS cars have. They have a very nice white light. Looks like cold cathode?

yes they are I even went to the dealer and asked/checked it out.

They are nice =p super bright and sexy

Comment

Originally posted by oranger
                            It makes the car look cleaner. All my friends lexus' have them. It has nothing to do with the cops.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAccord
                              Hey, I bought a red LED dome light bulb to replace the factory one and it's awesome and works great!! Check this seller out on Ebay:

This is w/ one LED bulb:

This is w/ 5 LEDs:

The seller is 'itechleds' and they were easy to shop with and the shipping was quick. Good Luck if this be your route!
                              Ihave one of those bulbs i lost the other one i had
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X