Wierd Idle Issue!!! Really Wierd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd Idle Issue!!! Really Wierd!

Alright, i read and copied and pasted almost every possible solution to fixing the erratic idle issue, or whatever label they put on that tread that end with "idle" but please check this out...... I got my '90 EX 5 Speed Coupe, and my idling has always been really bad, especially on long sits or mornings, where i would have to let get warmed up a few minutes, about 3-5 minutes to get under 1500rpm, then i could drive around and not have a issue acting weird during the day. But now its really bad, and awfully weird. It will not stop all day jumping up and down when i am at a stop. Its sucks! But this is the weird part. When i turn on my A/C it will most of the time fix it for awhile. It will idle at 1500rpm, which is very high nonetheless and then for sure will start bouncing up and down with the A/C off. It is really annoying, and i am getting tired of this b.s. How can i fix this!?!?!? Please help a brotha out!!

Did you try doing all the things in the erratic idle DIY?

Any check engine lights?

Any vacuum leaks? Spray some carb cleaner in and around the tb, and all vacuum hoses to check for leaks, if the engine idles normally when you spray a certain area, thats where the leak is.

Thats what I'd start with.

Comment

The idle bounces when its too high, the AC can help pull it down

You've got an idle problem all right. I have no reason to think it isn't any different from the idle problems everyone else has had already. Vacuum leaks, air in the coolant, tb stop out of adjustment, throttle cable too short, binding TB plate, deteriorated orings on the idle components, EACV or FITV bad or out of adjustment and/or may need cleaning out, adjust idle screw, and whatever I've missed

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

SOunds like the High Idle Valve, did you check that? Sometimes a threaded screw comes loose inside which cause an irradic bouncing idle

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

so, the other day, i got to the working with my idle situation. I removed and cleaned my EGR and i noticed the host on the right side had a butt load of errosion on the hose, not letting air flow through it, it was all inside and out of the hose it looked like a ball. So i redid some hoses, all the ones that go to the EGR. Then i went ahead and opened up my Fast Idle and noticed that white ring, it was high so i got me some hot water and screwed it back down. Then i redid some coolant hoses that come out of the engine on the back side, very hard to do, to to the old skool clamps, that took like 2 hours, no joke. but whatever it was done. I got some SEAFOAM and thru that in the tank. I also reset my ECU by removing the fuse the radio apparently fuse does that trick ( i am not sure, but i read that in the thread) . AFter all that mess, i finally turned my car on. It was bogged down. wouldnt even turn. AFter attempting to turn it on a few more times and giving it gas. It finally turned on. No i had white smoke, due to the SEAFOAM coming out of my exhaust for a few minutes. AFter that cleared i took it for a ride. I noticed it had stop surging FINALLY, so i went around my city, just driving, and it was behaving good. Very responsive now that i had redid some hoses it was flowing the air correctly. I was happy as f**K! I thought i solved my SURGING IDLE situation. But HELL NO!! i woke up the next day, turned on my car, it was behaving good, when its gets a start, a cold-start. But after i drove it and i was at stop sign, the ideling was back. it keeps going from 1500-750 nonstop, unless i am giving it gas, while i am driving. WTF?????? So today i added some coolant, and spray Carb Cleaner all around the throttle body and all its componnets including hoses. and NOTHING. it still Idles really rough, shits loud too. I need some help??? How come it didnt surge for a few hours after that tune up???? NOW it wont stop Surging???? please help me out..........?

Comment

double check to make sure the fitv didn't back out? if that check outs, check you idle screw on you throttle body accordingly
            Members Ride

Comment

yeah, i checked to see if the ficv had backed out, and it was still in place, thats why i think the car doesnt surge no more on a cold start. There is no sign of a hose torn/opened/clogged up. I have checked up and down and side to side, its all there. Should i do something to the Air Boost?? Why does it surge when its running and the engine is all warmed up?? what controls that, in the t.b.??? that has to be the damn problem! i need some ideas what to fix its so annoying...

Comment

most likely you just need to adjust your idle screw located onthe throttle body, it probably backed itself out
                Members Ride

Comment

i check it a few times already. I put thread locker in there a few years ago, that shit kept unscrewing and messing up my ideling, it hasnt moved since ahahhahaha. but maybe, i just removed the back up radio and ecu fuses and unplugged my battery. let that sit for a hour, so i can turn it on, and see if that changes anything, i also bleed the coolant. damn CAR!! ahahh its gets the best of me. shooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!

Comment

Working...
                  X