cams springs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cams springs question

ok before anyone jumps my shit on this i did search many different phrases and feilds and only found comments and things about delta regrinds::::::

i have a vtec h23 frank. i want to upgrade the cams to either a set of crower or skunk2 stage 1's. question lies in will i HAVE to change the springs and retainers with stage 1's? if i don't change them what should look for and what are the risks? the head and everything is new in the head not just cleaned. when you read the descriptions and it's recommended but not required. i'm also going to be using some skunk2 adjustable gears with an adj. fuel pressure regulator and a vafc. any help or advice from experience is greatly appreciated
    My other ride is your ex-wife

For most stage 1 cam shafts you Dont need to change the springs. Stage 2 and up normally say its recommended because the cams are more geared for the high rpm's. And using stock springs with the stage 2's arent going to let you get the most out of the cam.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
      as stated above its not necessary with the stage 1 cams, but if it were me, and depending on how many miles were on the head I'd go ahead and upgrade the valvetrain, plus while you're in there you can scope out all the valves and seals just to make sure everything is all good to go
      the head had about 30k on it but everything was stripped cleaned and replaced by the machine shop. the only thing not new was the valves springs and seals and all are new honda parts.
      thanks guys
      My other ride is your ex-wife

Comment

Originally posted by 93cbh22
        the head had about 30k on it but everything was stripped cleaned and replaced by the machine shop. the only thing not new was the valves springs and seals and all are new honda parts.
        thanks guys
        Then you are fine with a stage 1 cam shaft.

Comment

Working...
        X