lower balljoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lower balljoints

i was just switching on winter tires today and found both my lower balljoints seeping grease. Should i replace these joint immediately or is it ok to wait a while. i'm also wondering if a press kit is needed to install the balljoints. some posts here says that the balljoint could be hammered in with a rubber mallet.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Lower balljoints, or any balljoints for that matter, should not be taken lightly. If they're tight, you could put new boots on them, but if they're worn, I would def. suggest replacing both of them w/ Honda LBJ's and nothing else. It's never a bad thing to have new ones pressed in, it gives a good piece of mind. If you bring the knuckles to the dealer, they will usually press them in for free, that's what I've done. But it is def. possible to DIY w/ a big hammer and misc. punches and whatnot.

Comment

agreed, check for play first but new polyurethane boots cost 20 bucks, a single LBJ from the dealer cost under twenty bucks.

it all depends on how far your wallet is willing to go.

there is also a manufacturer named Moog but i think they are more expensive than oem, lol
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Yea moog does a lot of suspension bushings. I have there bushings in my strut towers!

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if i just decide to replace the boot. Do i just do most of the steps as replacing the balljoints except that i would not be pressing out/in a new joint.

Comment

didnt i find a diy for this and had it stockied?

Comment

Working...
            X