• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New head or change vavles

Ok i have two bad valves.

I can replace them for $400 parts labor

Or you think i should get a head from the junkyard with like 200,00+mi
    I think it may run $50-$120, not sure what labor would be, guess around $150.
    Last edited by pretty_ricky302; 11-17-2007, 01:08 PM.

wow heads are $200

Comment

I'd get the head, make sure none of the valves are bad first, and just clean the hell out of it. You'd have to get a new head gasket, IM to head gasket, and maybe even a valve cover gasket as well.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

If it was me I would just replace the valves myself. Remember its only two burnt valves. An easy job to tackle yourself.
        "form follows function."
        Louis Sullivan

Comment

I was told you have to take it to the machine shop to have them set. Also they will have to even it out, if warped

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_ricky302
            I was told you have to take it to the machine shop to have them set. Also they will have to even it out, if warped
            Just buy two valves to replace the burnt valves. Tell them you want them to change out the two bad valves. Even so it shouldn't cost you 400 bucks to change two valves. Cost me 25 bucks to have a machine shop install my valves in my old civic. Whoever is charging you 400 is a con artist.
            "form follows function."
            Louis Sullivan

Comment

we charge half an hour worth of labor for an over head cam because we have to clean, disassemble, check for truness on the new valve, reassemble and re-torque.

so it would be 45 + parts.

its great working in a machine shop
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

x2 with Chan Man.

If you get another head, will need to send to machine shop, check for compression, and new seals, cleaning, etc. Costly.

Might as well replace the bad valves you currently have.
                RETIRED...

Comment

Working...
                X