How long do exhaust's last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do exhaust's last?

My tail pipe completely fell apart and snapped and the muffler also was not salveagble. The exhaust is only a little over 3 years old, and was $680 if I rememeber correctly, it was replaced before I got the car but I got the reciepts. Anyway the guy I brought it to, everyone told me to go to because he was the best. Before I even told him how old it was I asked how long they are supposed to last and he said 3 - 3 1/2 years. He replaced the pipe and muffler but showed that the rest of the exhaust is starting to get pretty soft at the welds. So my question is how long are they supposed to last, because everyone on my local forum said I just didn't take care of it?? WTF

My Members Ride Page

Canada weather is worse?
    wat?

Comment

well yeah its fuckin salt central here in the winter, -35c in the winter +35c in the summer

My Members Ride Page

Comment

If its all stainless id hope it would last longer than that
        wat?

Comment

nope its just a regular steel oem replacment

My Members Ride Page

Comment

time to think about a stainless steel system maybe? lol maybe heatwrap the whole system so salt cant get to it lol

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
            Originally posted by deevergote.
            But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

so do you guys maintain your exhaust in any way? and how long do they last

My Members Ride Page

Comment

I've got a Magnaflow all-stainless cat back for sale if you're interested in buying the last exhaust you've ever need.
                2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Definitely salt central here...get a SS catback it will last longer and have your car undercoated, its worth the money.

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Its to late I already got it fixed

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
                      Its to late I already got it fixed
                      hate to say this, but a stainless steel catback system would probly have been cheaper for ya and last longer
                      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

no shit, but it also would have been loud, my exhaust is whisper quiet

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Down here where I live when I put my exhaust on the car still had the oem exhaust system and it was still in good shape.
                          I need a 14b or 16g turbo!

Comment

Yeah, salt sucks in New England. I just had the midpipe replaced under warranty. Just cost me labor (still a good amount, but that's labor costs for ya, plus it was rusted to the cat).
                            Three years sounds about right. That's about what I got out of the aluminized muffler on my Prelude, and think that's how long the midpipe was on the Accord.

The only care I can think of would be to rinse off the underside after the road salt.
                            Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

yeah the quieter the better for sure, especially in Ottawa/Gatineau, but you could have still found a nice SS one that is relatively quiet, but I guess its too late, unless you find someone you can sell the one you have to

SOLD!!
                              Boosted H22
                              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
                              X