does idling burn lots of gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does idling burn lots of gas?

i was always curious if a lot of gas is burnt when the engine is on but your not moving...

also, does having your air conditioner on when you are at a standstill burn a lot more gas then if the air conditioner was off?

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

don't know the volume, but it can't burn too much, it's just a tiny stream. but extensive idling is hard on your engine, so i've heard.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

alright, thanks

Comment

yes there was a post on sho about this.

idling is bad for the engine, when the car idles the fuel gets into the oil caust it isnt being burned too much causing oil dillution and thus leading ito oxidation and less oil life.

bad idling is excessive idling, not like at a stop light

thats why they say change ur oil more in stop and go traffic

but at idle u dont burn alot of gas, u barley use any...
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Idle cannot be that bad for the car otherwise the idle would be set to like 2,000 to keep the engine active.

Comment

thanks for the info guys

Comment

Working...
            X