Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Turning off..and not wanting to turn back on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Turning off..and not wanting to turn back on!

okay it's done it to me 2 times before and in the worst places EVER!!!

1. Mcdonalds drive thru busy hour
    2. Court parking lot and 3 cops telling me to move my car!!

so yeah the car once turned off..won't start? like it turns over but doesn't start!!

until you wait a little then i REV IT ALOT!! to make sure it doesn't cut off and drive home!

but both times it turned off.. the gas thing was around 1/4 if not less gas!!

and after it cut off on me i always fill it up and it works fine
    but i don't get a GAS LIGHT? or could it be im running out of gas..
    but my gas lightbulb doesn't work ? or my fuel pump? or something ?

Fuel filter idk?

im gonna try to keep it around 1/2 from now on!

EDIT!!! THE CAR DOESN'T turn off by itself..it's when I TURN IT OFF!! THEN I WON'T COME BACK ON

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

first off no car turns off by itself, something needs to be done for it to be turned off , even most of the expensive cars needs to be turned off manually.

secondly, have you ever thought of something else besides fuel related? such as having water mix in with your oil? cus if you are out of gas your car will not start at all
    So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Could it be the main relay?

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

im gonna say main relay also.
        i had the same problem too. it would randomly cut off, and not start back up. then when you wait a while, it starts up.
        its a pretty easy fix. just search for how to fix the main relay. you should see like two solder joints slightly cracked.

Comment

Could be a main relay, theres actually a good chance that it is that. If not, try getting your ignitor tested. Could also be a fuel pump going bad.

Start with main relay though.

And stop eating McDonalds!

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
            Could be a main relay, theres actually a good chance that it is that. If not, try getting your ignitor tested. Could also be a fuel pump going bad.

Start with main relay though.

And stop eating McDonalds!
            mcdonalds was for little brothers actually (damn happy meals)

but yeah i was guessing relay
            and then fuel pump
            but i have getting it out from all the way inside the dash!!!

but yeah

water mixed with oil?
            wouldn't that do something TEMPORARY?

the 2 times that it did the ISSUE with me
            was like 1 month apart!

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
              first off no car turns off by itself, something needs to be done for it to be turned off , even most of the expensive cars needs to be turned off manually.

secondly, have you ever thought of something else besides fuel related? such as having water mix in with your oil? cus if you are out of gas your car will not start at all
              ^^ Misinformation. Cars can turn off by themself, such as bad igniter unit and running out of gas to name a few.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Just how low on gas were you? You need to re-explain your issue clearly.

It seems that the car did not turn off. It seems that when you turned off your car, for whatever reasons, you had issues starting it back up. This assumption correct?

Also, how far apart were the turning off and starting of car? More details, also describe what works and what doesn't.

- does the motor crank over?
                - does the fuel pump prime?
                - do your instrument cluster lights come on as you start?
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                  Just how low on gas were you? You need to re-explain your issue clearly.

It seems that the car did not turn off. It seems that when you turned off your car, for whatever reasons, you had issues starting it back up. This assumption correct?

Also, how far apart were the turning off and starting of car? More details, also describe what works and what doesn't.

- does the motor crank over?
                  - does the fuel pump prime?
                  - do your instrument cluster lights come on as you start?
                  - does the motor crank over? YES
                  - does the fuel pump prime? YES
                  - do your instrument cluster lights come on as you start? YES

like 1/4 maybe less
                  not on empty though

oh i tried to start like every 10 seconds and then just let it sit and then like after 1 or 2 minutes it started!

Comment

i'd point toward either igniter or main relay

this is why i keep 2 just in case, that way main relays are easy to rule out or in
                    "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

^^^^^ Exactly right. The thing is though, that you can get the ignitor tested, so thats definitely where I'd start. Autozone can test it for ya. Have them test it 5-6 times so it gets hot (like it would on the car).

If that checks out, my next step would be main relay.

Comment

Working...
                      X