Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is running CRAZY Rich

When I say crazy I mean
    Spitting raw gasoline out my beautiful new tailpipe!
    Then if I wind it up it smokes!

It all happened the day after I steam cleaned my engine
    My car has 125K so burning oil is no issue, plus my oil hasnt gone down any

The car has always ran rich, when I purchased it the original muffler was jet black with carbon. After I got my new muffler I was shaking carbon out of it lmao.

I'm getting no CEL's or anything
    I have a new O2 Sensor, last one was a solid piece of Carbon.
    What causes Richness to this extreme?
    Your man for wiring solutions!
    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Sure it's not just water coming out? Your catalytic converter cause water to form and you'll spit it out the tailpipe. My car does it. My tailpipe is also covered in carbon.

I don't think it's gasoline.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

You can smell gas in the tail pipe lol
      and yes its more like a mix of water/gas

But still its running way to rich
      It wont pass smog, too many "Unburnt Hydrocarbons"
      The car is just injecting way too much gas, my MPG's are way down im like 210 miles to a tank (F to E)
      Thats like 18 MPG, might as well drive a V8

The only problem I remotely see is this little black box next to the Battery has a broken top on it.
      I think its the IAB Controller, but I dont think I have IAB's I have an F22A1

My 5th gen Accord has almost 200K and the original muffler is 100% spotless on the inside!
      CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap

Comment

Dirty injectors or air filter.

my ride page
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...24#post1781524

Comment

Originally posted by 90cb7tuner
          Dirty injectors or air filter.

Ran a full tank of Injector cleaner twice
          I guess I'll do it again

My air filter is K&N with only 5K on it
          CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap

Comment

Well if your filter is clean and you say you ran injector cleaner, then you narrowed down the easy issues. Does your car have any aftermarket parts on it? If so what (engine wise)? That little black box by your battery is bullshit and really wont affect how your engine runs. Its job is to make the intake quiet. But try pulling the intake pipe off of your air box and unhook the battery for 15 mins. Leave the pipe off and see what happens. There may be something inside your air resonator restircting flow. When is the last time the car had a tune up? plugs, wires, cap, rotor, oil change, timing set and checked, and all that happy shit? That may be a good start.

Also this is a shot in the dark but it worked for me. A friend of mine had running rich issues and he couldn't pass e'check. I cleaned his egr ports and dumped seafoam down the break booster line. Try that and see what you get.
            vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Stop buying junk gas. Turkey Hill is one. If theres a sonoco or citgo around your area, buy their gas only!
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

i think you might have messed up something externally while you steam cleaned it, maybe a hose or gasket to the dizzy or something i dontk now.

Comment

maybe your ecu is bad. you do know how to check your obd1 right ?

Comment

Sound like a weak ignition system. Check the resistance on your wires and coil. I think you might have fubared them.

Comment

Yea, if your getting no cel I would have to assume it to be the ecu, but i could be wrong..
                      My Black "H"
                      AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
                        Sound like a weak ignition system. Check the resistance on your wires and coil. I think you might have fubared them.
                        Yep, or you mighta fouled a spark plug. Hydrocarbons is unburnt gas. If gas isn't being burnt, ignition system is a good place to start.

Comment

Ok heres my Engine Parts list for my Car (Aftermarket wise)
                          Flowmaster Muffler

Lol seriously my car has always ran rich since the last owner
                          The muffler I cut off my car was so full of carbon its insane
                          Now my new muffler is mucked

Ok my car has only 126K on it
                          Cap and Rotor appear to have been done in the past (Slightly rounded nuts)
                          It purrs like a kitten with NO missing
                          CEL light works, I just replaced my 02 because of it.
                          Seafoam ruined my last 02 sensor, EGR was disconnected when I bought it, but I plugged it in and it ran fine.
                          The air hose coming from the fender to the filter has always been unplugged.
                          This problem was so serious the exhaust system has been totally hacked apart and replaced from all the carbon
                          This is annoying me seriously my car just chewed through $50 worth of gas
                          Im now getting 273 miles on a FULL tank of PREMIUM

Just one more note after I steam cleaned the engine my Temp guage does what it wants (either that or the engine does what it wants) Think this is all related?
                          CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap

Comment

1) Make sure the vacuum hose that runs from the IAB controller, to the back of the intake manifold is connected and isn't broken or anything. I sold my first cb7 to one of my friends, and that apparently wasn't connected. He ended up failing emissions, just because of that.

2) Check your timing

3) Seafoam says right on the can: won't ruin O2 sensors.

4) You might have a bad injector

5) Change your spark plugs because for one, if you are running that rich they are probably going to be fouled out, and second because if you have that much unburnt gas, you might not have enough spark.

Thats all I got...

Comment

Change your spark plugs.... for sure, like today, go to autozone or your nearest parts store, get NGK V-powers, theyre probably the best plugs for an F22a motor. You need them if youve been running rich for this long, thats where you should REALLY start first, because doing everything else wont get you anywhere if your plugs dont spark, or have a weak spark because of carbon buildup.
                              BTW v-powers are only 8 bucks.

Try that first, get those plugs, drop em in.
                              And then, if your running too rich, post some pictures of your ignition system. The cap, rotor, ignitor, AND wireset. Your ECU is not bad... its nearly impossible for your ecu to go bad and feed more fuel then needed. So... in theory, as long as your injectors arent shit, then your just running rich because of unburnt fuel. Yet again, thats another reason why you should really check out your ignition system.

Please answer this, "Besides running rich, what other symptoms are you having, little details are important!

Trying to help man But get some new plugs to start.

Keep us updated.
                              Fun with Paint... haha.

OHIO CB7's

Comment

Working...
                              X