car not wanting to start, fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car not wanting to start, fuel pump?

Alright just got my 93 ex running and all fixed, all is good, and i drive it to

school the first time, sits all day, come out of school and it doesnt want to

start, so i give it some gas and try to crank it over and it fires on up. I go

home and it sits probably for 2 hours and i try to start it up again, and it will

try and try and try just wont fire on over. So i waited like another 3 hours and it starts up, with me giving it a lot of gas.

Now to me it sounds like the fuel pump is going on out, or could this possibly

be the fuel filter being really clogged. Either way i definetly replacing the fuel

filter this weekend, and hopefully it runs better, but let me know what y'all

think might be wrong

when you turn the key to II, do you hear the pump?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

did you check for spark could be your igniter going bad vatozone can check that

Comment

check your main relay while your at it

Originally posted by Juice21
        thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
        Originally posted by GameChewer
        Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

will i have to go the rear of the car to hear it, or can i hear it from the drivers seat?

Comment

Originally posted by zigg_1311
            will i have to go the rear of the car to hear it, or can i hear it from the drivers seat?
            You could hear it from the drivers seat, just make sure its quiet.

Comment

What's up with everybody cb7 not wanting to start!
              99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Bboy_trev.. I like your sig, that's HILARIOUS!

Originally posted by Juice21
                thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                Originally posted by GameChewer
                Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh
                  What's up with everybody cb7 not wanting to start!
                  You started the trend!

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

for some reasons havent had any problems with it today, but i can hear my fuel pump kick on, so i think that my pump works all right, i really think my fuel filter is clogged, my car had been sitting for over a year before it was fixed, so i think that the old gas, has clogged it up

Comment

I vote ignitor or main relay, but since it's cold ignitor. The relays seem to fail when it's hot.
                      1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

lemme guess..some shop told u it was ur fuel pump?...that's what i was told to me!...it was BS..turned out to only be my Main relay..

Main Relay+My own labor= 65ish bucks and time.
                        Fuel Pump+Shop Labor= about 300 (or 600 can't remember).
                        Fuel Pump+My own Labor (cuz i said screw ya'll i'll do it myself!)= about 160ish and TIME....took me about 2 weeks due to work and only having 1 day off needing an extra hand for replacing my fuel pump...NOT FUN!, especially when it didn't even help.

*Needs*
                        -New shocks
                        -Struts
                        -Drop
                        -Cleaning
                        -New Tires/Wheels
                        -New Window Tint
                        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

the only person that works on my car is me and my dad, no damn shop, but how could it be my relay, when my car will start, it started all yesterday, i could go start it now, just those couple times it was having trouble. My car sat with old gas in it, and i would occassionally start it up to move it and work on it, then the time comes to actually drive it and had to burn the rest of the fuel off, and i think my fuel filter is now fucked, and it looks like its never been changed too

Comment

Go from the cheapest to the most expensive. Main relays are a pain at times so change that first then the fuel pump, alot of times the main relay is the shit that will be the culprit.

As for me when my fuel pump was bad on my turbo cb before it became turbo. I could start the car but along the line it died out slowly until i changed it that is.

And i couldnt even drop the tank so i had to use a dremel and slice it out from uptop. Its easier to change especially if you cant get the straps off because the bolts where rusted up in there and stripped lol. But i pulled it off and changed the pump car ran like a dream then the motor went to shit because that was on its way out too lol.

Comment

Changing a main relay in a 90-02 Accord/Prelude is so common, they should just include it in the maintenance schedule :P
                              Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                              ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X