1992 Accord Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 Accord Tires

It's time to replace the tires on my 1992 Accord and I'm what your opinion is of the Michelin MXV4 factory tires vs BF Goodrich Touring or Yokohama Avid tires for 40% less cost? I've only driven on the original MXV4 tires for 4,000 miles and they were good overall, but didn't corner well.

paradas or bridgestone tires...but dunlop has a nice set i think there is one type of tire that grips like crazy....

i have michellen mxv4's righ tnow...they are great, but they are a touring tire....not for hard corners...lOLZ i wore out the outsides....cant hold a 45 mph turn well at 70....

if u want michellen their pilot tires are sport tires and more rubber on the roads.

though i dont like yokohamas...my friend had the paradas in her predule and i can hold a turn soo tight and soo fast that my head hurts...yet she now has the yokohamas on there and it just is not fun to drive any more...the tires grip...but it doesnt handle as good as the paradas...

do u have aftermarket rims or stock alloys?

my next set of tires this time next year are going to be michellen tires....all because i have alloys and i like the look of it...plush its 100 bucks each haha...
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

my moms cb7 has pirellis on it and they are pretty good ... seems to handle real well ... in the rain i spin em up pretty good though .... but thats cause the accord has torque i aint used to compared to the civic.

Comment

i constantly spin out my tires...hehe rain or shine..
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Try some BFGoodrich G Force Sports. I believe they make them in a 15" size. Its a pretty good tire, controllable at the limit, reasonably priced. I've got them on my 17s right now. They balance out pretty well too, w/ minimal weight needed.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I have been very happy with kuhmo spt's and yokohama avid H4's
            1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
            newer race video,older race videos
            1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
            1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

had good results with the yoko t4s and now the sdrives. Cant complain except for the fact that i go through tires like crazy

Originally posted by Dr.x
              You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

Working...
              X