I think the motor going to die. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the motor going to die. . .

So i start my car 2 days ago and it just cranks and dosent turn over. Then I go to try again. And i hear A loud crack. Like something snaping and hitting metal. So I keep trying to get it to start and it eventually starts. The same thing happened this moring. A loud snap. And it did not start for like an hour after that. So I took a different car to work and when I got back it started. Any ideas?

Help

Comment

YOu sure its not your starter on its way out the door?

Comment

Nope not the starter

Comment

need more info.
          either u are spraying some of that starter fluid or the only other thing that can do that noise is the starter.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Snap? timing belt?
            1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
            2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
            3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
            4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
            5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

What is your proof that it's not a bad starter motor & the gears are f**ked up on it?

Also, like someone said, check your timing belt and see if that's on it's way out the door. If it completely snapped though and the starter motor was trying to turn your motor over....I don't think it would start at all, if not...it wouldn't run long. But it's not like I've had that happen to me and cared to try to find out.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                What is your proof that it's not a bad starter motor & the gears are f**ked up on it?

Also, like someone said, check your timing belt and see if that's on it's way out the door. If it completely snapped though and the starter motor was trying to turn your motor over....I don't think it would start at all, if not...it wouldn't run long. But it's not like I've had that happen to me and cared to try to find out.
                It was after it was started for like 3 seconds

Comment

Alright, from your response and re-reading your original post it seems that the starter keeps trying to crank the motor over, so it's obviously working fine and getting enough juice from the battery to do the cranking. So now I'm thinking ignition, fuel or an engine mechanical failure (since you hear this snap like metal on metal sound) or cause of some kind.

Was it a spark "snap" type sound? Just curious.

What is the condition of your timing belt?

When the engine gets cranked over in trying to start it, do you hear a metal scraping sound or anything like that? Also, does it occur everytime you crank the engine over?

Your car and auto or manual trans?
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I hope that's not a piston slapping around in there.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
                    Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
                    Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

Okay check these do you have fuel, do you have spark open up the rotor and make sure its not all fucked up like mine. take the valvecover timing belt cover off and the valvecover off and make sure the belt isnt screwed or has jumped timing. The teeth of it may be off. Then do a c/r test if not then contact me back.

Comment

ChIoVnIdCa: did you ever resolve this issue ?? What was it ??? I may need to know .. lol

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                        X